Tuesday, April 27, 2021

 We had a really good weekend with my Sister and her Husband visiting. The weather was good and they really liked the campsite they were staying on. On Sunday we met them over in Dawlish and had a walk all along the front to Coryton Cove.  There were a few brave souls in the sea but most people were just out walking and enjoying the sunshine. We came back to the town and got ice creams and sat in the park. We said our goodbyes around 4 as it's a 2 hour drive home for them and they had work yesterday.

               





 Today is my Brother in Laws 60th Birthday so Happy Birthday Andy.

The last couple of days it's been nice to have the house to myself and have a really good tidy up. Loads of washing and ironing has been done, floors washed, a couple of cupboards sorted, a food shop done and I have starting sorting through bags of clothes for the girls, which were in the garage, packing away some winter stuff and sorting through summer clothes.  Daughter L doesn't get much in the way of new clothing as there are just so many hand me downs. In fact, there is more than she can possibly wear so I need to go through it all and give some to the charity shop.

I am still reading a couple of books a week.  The Authenticity Project was very good - the Louise Penny was a bit slow to start but is just getting going. I have read a few of her more recent books but this one is the first she ever wrote. Well that's it for now.

                                                

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a good time and enjoyed your day in Dawlish. The sea looks absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely and sunny and the town had a real holiday buzz about it. What a shock this morning to wake up to a damp day.

      Delete
  2. A productive and fun-filled couple of days! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much so, and it was nice to be out and about and busy.

      Delete
  3. It's surprising how productive you can be when the house is empty. You can achieve so much more. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. When I got in from the school run Monday I got straight on with jobs, looked at my watch what seemed ages later, and it was 10.30!

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...