Wednesday, May 19, 2021

 Happy Birthday D

Today is Daughter D's 17th birthday.  I can't believe how quickly the years speed by - it seems like only yesterday I was in Salisbury Hospital on a sweltering hot day, giving birth to our second Daughter. Now she is a young woman on the journey into adulthood. She is loving and kind and has a great personality - always the life and soul of the party, always making us laugh but she will be the first to admit she is our trickiest Daughter, but our lives would be very dull without her in it!. We had Birthday cake after school and opened presents and cards and later we will be walking down to our village Hotel for a meal.


Monday was wet all day so I just got on with loads of washing and ironing and other mundane household stuff. Tuesday I worked which I really enjoyed again but I was absolutely shattered when I got in.  We had four little ones who we took to the park morning and afternoon and you forget just how alert you have to be with that age group and even more so when they're not your children! 

Today has been busy as, as well as it being D's birthday, I finally had my appointment to have my hair cut and coloured.  It was a blissful couple of hours being pampered and it was nice to catch up. Now I must go and get ready to go out.

We have just got back from our meal which was truly lovely.  There was a good choice on the menu, there was a good crowd of people in there and the food delicious. It was just so so nice to be out again.



7 comments:

  1. Belated Birthday wishes to your daughter.
    I'm glad work is going well for you. Tiring, but a lot of fun I expect. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, she had a lovely day and it was actually sunny here for the first time in what feels like weeks!
      The job is tiring but I really am enjoying working with children again.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to your daughter! How sweet that she celebrated with you, I'd I'm glad you had a lovely time and that you're enjoying work! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - it was nice to have a family meal out. She is going out with her friends for lunch Saturday. I'm really enjoying being back working with children, just to have an early night beforehand! x

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday to D! It is so good to get back out again...the birthday cake looks scrumptious.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an M & S cake and was delicious, really chocolatey.

      Delete
  4. Belated birthday greetings to your daughter, Emma.
    I think you must live in the same village as our son and daughter-in-law, on the banks of the River Teign. What a lovely birthday cake!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...