Sunday, March 13, 2022

 Well that's our busy week of Birthdays finished, next one will be D's 18th in May so time for a breather.

This week I have worked Tuesday and Thursday as usual, taken D and L for eye tests and worked through a mountain of washing and ironing!

 On Thursday, K had a couple of friends back for tea to help celebrate her birthday so I made up several homemade pizzas and then we had Birthday cake for pudding. She requested a home made cake and I have basically one style which  is a chocolate heart shaped sponge with a chocolate ganache icing and the age of the birthday girl marked out in dolly mixture!I have been making it for years now.



On Friday it was Husbands Birthday and so we had a meal out at our village Hotel where we are always sure of a good atmosphere and lovely food.

On Saturday K was meeting friends so we just had L to entertain. We decided to have a nice walk along the seafront at Dawlish, which is a seaside town just a few miles from us, and a wander around the town where L was pleased to have her first coffee ice cream of the year! When we got home, as it was still dry, we also had a walk/scooter around our village before the rain came in for the rest of the day.




Today, for K's birthday treat, we have been to Plymouth ice-skating. She took a friend and L and D also came with D's boyfriend. Husband and I just watched. Afterwards there was time for a little bit of shopping before we headed home where dinner is now cooking and I am looking forward to a peaceful evening. I have been really enjoying the Marcus Wareing programmes from his smallholding. We would love somewhere with some land again as we miss having chickens, but with the current economic climate I doubt we could afford anywhere in Devon now.



Well that is it for now, back soon.

10 comments:

  1. I love chocolate cake -my family always look forward to me making one for them so a new heart shape would be a nice change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love chocolate cake too and the heart shape tin I bought to make Husband a cake for valentines day the year we first met which is many moons ago!

      Delete
  2. A lovely and very busy week. I hope you enjoyed a peaceful evening.
    I'm not sure I could have resisted having a skate on the ice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very tempted to skate and next time we go I will. I remember secondary school trips to Bristol ice rink and having great fun - it's just a question of can I still do it!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad all the birthdays went well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had a lovely week, thankyou. Looking forward to a few quiet weeks now until we go to France at Easter x

      Delete
  4. Belated birthday wishes to the birthday people.
    The cake looks scrummy. I know that homemade cake always goes down well here so I am sure K enjoyed the one you made.
    I haven't been skating for many many years and I just about managed to wobble my way around the rink then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou.
      I loved going on ice skating trips to Bristol when I was at Secondary school and used to whizz around - I have a horrible feeling that wouldn't be the case if I tried now!

      Delete
  5. My gosh a real busy week, and birthdays as well.. belated birthday wishes, the cake looked yum, a chocolatey one by the look of it. And skating too, woe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a busy week but a very good one. A breather now until D is 18 in May - her birthday is on a Thursday and I think she has plans for a four day celebration!!

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...