Wednesday, March 9, 2022

 Happy Birthday K

Our lovely K is 14 years old today. She is my quiet serious Daughter who is a pleasure to be with. She is off to catch the school bus shortly so we will do presents and cards after school. She is having a couple of friends back for tea and then we are having another family meal out tomorrow night as it is Husbands birthday tomorrow.

She said it didn't really feel like her birthday and I said to think of all those children out in Ukraine who won't be able to celebrate their birthday with family or receive presents. It is absolutely awful at the moment watching the news. A local businessman and a colleague were driving two big vans of donations to Poland last week so D and I went down with a big bag of toiletries that were needed and I have made a monetary donation but you just feel so helpless.

Right I need to get sorted for work so that's it for now.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday wishes to both your daughter and husband. Things just get worse out there in Ukraine - so awful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou!
      I dread putting on the news at the moment. My next door neighbours Son is driving to Poland tonight to help taxi refugees so was able to donate booster seats that we no longer use.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to everyone (including you . . . I think Mum's get forgotten on children's birthdays, but you are the one who went through labour!)

    You are right about feeling helpless. There was a Ukraine donations collection point in town this morning and I went to the supermarket and bought many boxes of sanitary towels. The current situation beggars belief and I fear it will get worse before Putin is either brought to his senses or removed (if either is even possible 😢😢)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - I certainly will not forget K's birth as she was an emergency section and it all happened very quickly!
      I suppose we have to look at it in that if everyone does something small to help it equates to a lot in total but you do feel helpless.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to your daughter and husband.
    Donating money and toiletries and keeping those poor people ionmn our thoughts are all we can do, isn't it? Although I'd willing go over and shoot Putin if I could. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou.
      Yes it is all we can do from here. My neighbours son is travelling to Poland tonight for a week to help as a taxi service for refugees so good on him x

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to your daughter. She might like to know that even in such troubled times the people in Ukraine are still managing to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and get married best way they can.x

    ReplyDelete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...