Friday, February 25, 2022

 Half term has raced by and I can't believe it is Friday again and a week since the start of the stormy weather.

We have had a good week. On Monday we went over to Paignton to the Bank where Husband used to work to open a bank account for youngest Daughter L and sort out some admin on other accounts of the girls that we  are executors for. We had a walk around the town and along the seafront and a coffee out. The rest of the day was spent pottering with the girls doing some sorting in their bedrooms and me doing the usual endless washing and ironing.



Tuesday the forecast said it was going to be dry and sunny so we decided to go to Exmouth for the day. As we got nearer the weather went downhill and we arrived to a mizzly blustery morning! We walked all along the seafront out to the far point and had wanted to make our way up to and out to Orcombe point but it just wasn't the weather. We walked back and up through the town and got a coffee and a snack and by early afternoon the girls had had enough so we came home.





On Wednesday we went up to Wiltshire for the night to see my Dad and Mother-in-Law. The older girls could also make it and we took D's boyfriend J with us to meet everyone as well so a very full car. After lunch with my Dad the older ones caught the train into Bath for the afternoon - S was meeting a friend she had been at Uni with for a coffee and D and J just wanted to have a walk around the city. Meanwhile, we took my Dad down to Valerosa Lounge for a coffee. He is awaiting a new hip - one was done about 6 years ago but now the other is on it's last legs so his mobility is not great at the moment. He saw his consultant at the beginning of January and they are saying it's about a 6 month wait currently. In the evening we went up to Husbands Mums and had fish and chips with her and our niece and a good catch up which was nice. The following morning we just had a walk around Trowbridge and then we had a table booked for lunch at Prezzo and my Sister joined us. We had a lovely couple of days but as usual very tiring fitting everyone in.




Today has been a quiet day. D had a driving lesson, S wasn't working so went and met friends, K had some friends over for the afternoon and I took L into Newton Abbot for a bit of pampering having her hair cut and dried. She looked amazing and so grown up when she came out and was so happy with it. Tonight I intend to have a couple of glasses of wine and watch the last episode of Death in Paradise and then tomorrow it is kids crew at the cinema to watch Encanto.



10 comments:

  1. A busy (and blustery) week indeed, that coffee looks indulgently scrumptious.

    Tell your Dad he's doing great. In Cumbria my neighbour was told he would wait two years to see a consultant and then a further two years to have a knee replaced.

    He raided the piggy bank, paid for private treatment, and was fixed within six weeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a ridiculously long time to wait for an important operation. Luckily my Dad is not in a lot of pain, unlike my Sister when she was waiting for her's last year, but if that changes and things aren't moving I think I will suggest to him going private.

      Delete
  2. I heard the same as Jayne about the waiting times up here in the North - so much for levelling up!! Hope it gives your dad some mobility back - it is important to be able to get out and about - my own mum who is 96 is just trapped in her little apartment now and climbing the walls with boredom - sadly a new hip is too late for her now.
    Sounds like the whole family had a lovely week together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like my Dad is lucky to live where he does if the op is done in the next 6 months.
      I think to lose your mobility must be hard, and like for your Mum, life becomes boring because you can't get out anywhere or meet up with anyone. My Dad is a very quiet person and after my Mum died I could easily of seen him just staying at home but he has surprised me - he goes out two/three times a week for coffee meeting up with my Mums best friend every week and a former work colleague of his plus a couple of our old neighbours where we lived as children who are still with us.

      Delete
  3. Levelling up? More like levelling down.

    What a lovely half term week though.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a lovely week, just gone too fast. I am having a nice quiet morning with the house to myself as Hubby said he would take girls to cinema - bliss!

      Delete
  4. A couple of coincidences in this post ... you've just spent time in Trowbridge, my home town, and I'm arranging a trip to Paignton to see my cousin's. A small world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I did think of you! It is very strange when we visit - Husband and I were born in Trowbridge and lived there until we were roughly 23 & 27 and we never see anyone we recognise when walking around. I always buy The Wiltshire Times to read as well.
      We don't very often go up into the town when we go to Paignton but we enjoy walking from the old gas works right down to the seafront and all along to the harbour, in fact we did this walk on New Years Day.

      Delete
  5. Hope you enjoyed half term AND Encanto (my girls are obsessed with it!!!). Oooh, that coffee looks delicious. I might just go and squirt some whippy cream on the top of mine ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My youngest Daughter got straight in from the cinema, changed into her dancing dress and had the songs from Encanto blaring out so yes I think she enjoyed it!
      It's been a lovely week, just gone by too quickly as usual x

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...