Monday, February 28, 2022

 We have had a lovely weekend enjoying the glorious sunshine which was a good thing because we are back to rain today.

On Saturday morning Husband took the youngest two girls to the cinema to watch Encanto which they thoroughly enjoyed. As soon as L got home she put on her dancing dress and was playing all the soundtracks! I, on the other hand, had a very quiet and peaceful morning as D and K were both working. I pottered about doing some cleaning and tidying and then as I had a can of Mamade in stock I made marmalade. In the afternoon we went for a walk around our village and from the top looking out over the estuary it looked glorious. The sun was shining, we didn't need coats and it really felt like the start of spring.






On Sunday I got lots of washing out on the line to dry and Husband mowed the lawn. It was warm enough for us to sit outside and have coffee - first time this year. Our village is taking part in The Queens Canopy and our Parish Council together with Sustainable Bishop were giving villagers free saplings to plant and register. We went to collect ours, a cherry, and it has now been planted in our back garden. What a great memorial to be part of.



Today D was back to school although I use that term loosely as she finishes at 11.10 am on a Monday!. K and L had an inset day today so they are not back till tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. Funnily enough my daughter loves Encanto too and has the soundtrack but she didn't put on her dancing shoes.
    Planting a tree to celebrate this special year for the Queen is a lovely idea and I hope your cherry tree grows well in the garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good size sapling so hopefully it will grow well.
      Awful wet weather here last couple of days - the weekends sunshine is becoming a distant memory.

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...