Wednesday, March 31, 2021

 By mid morning Tuesday we had glorious sunshine here in Devon so eldest Daughter and I went over to Teignmouth for a walk along the seafront and then down on the beach.  We are about 2 miles from the beach and I love it.  It obviously gets busy in the summer with holidaymakers but that doesn't bother us - we can always find a back road to park in and space on the beach to set up our camp. After lunch, as you can see, S put up a list of most of the blogs I follow, and then we sat in the garden reading. 


 




This morning S got up early and was out of the house just after 6 to meet a friend over in Torquay to go paddle boarding and see the sunrise.




After picking up L from school we went up to the park so she could have a play with her friends. When we got home Hubby had mowed the lawn and was putting together an arch I had ordered for the garden.  I had also bought a climbing rose in memory of my Mum called Dawn Patrol which we will train up over it.  It's the perfect spot for an arch as we have a few little steps up to the lawn.




S is cooking dinner tonight and indeed did last night, so I am fortunate to be given a break.  I will just have to clean up afterwards.

Tomorrow is going to be a sad day as we have an appointment at the vets for him to assess Suzie. I think, in all honesty, he will recommend putting her to sleep as her quality of life is lessening by the day.  We have had a good talk with the girls about it and we are all agreed it is the kindest thing to do but there will be a lot of tears.  We shall bring her home and bury her in the garden next to her brother.

Last day of school for the girls tomorrow and then a couple of weeks to relax and recharge.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely beach photos. I used to despair of my parents when I went on family holidays as they'd climb down ravines or walk for miles to find a deserted beach and now I'm an adult I'm exactly the same, I'd rather stay at home than sit near crowds!
    Love that rose arch, what a lovely way to remember your mum.
    Thinking of you all and sending love. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the beach outside of the holiday season when it's quieter.
      The vet put Suzie to sleep this afternoon - she had gone downhill just in the last 48 hours so it was the kindest thing to do but there have been a lot of tears this week

      Delete
  2. You live in a beautiful part of the world. I miss visiting the beach.
    Thinking of you today. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love living where I do and I don't think I could live away from the coast now.
      It's been a sad day as Suzie was put to sleep this afternoon. She had really gone downhill, so although very hard, it was the kindest thing to do.

      Delete
  3. What beautiful photos! I would love to live near the sea, there is something so wonderful about it. I'm so sorry to hear about Suzie it is such a sad time, but what a fabulous long life. No little cat could ever ask for more. The arch looks perfect and a rose is such a beautiful way to think of your Mum when ever you look at it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been a lot of years but I said to the girls she must have been happy with us to have lived so long

      Delete
  4. Love the arch. We had one for years until it rusted out and then fell apart! We've not replaced it ... yet!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really pleased with it and it's perfect where we have put it.

      Delete
  5. I love Teignmouth! When I visit my friend Hilary we've been to Teignmouth for a rummage for the last three visits. The beach is lovely. I'm hoping to try paddle boarding this summer when I go to visit her again in Devon.

    I'm so sorry to hear about Suzie; that's the thing with animals the partings are so sad.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a lovely beach to have on our doorstep. I don't like going in the sea so it's only Hubby and the girls who use the paddleboard. I just sit on the beach with my book and look after all our stuff!
      There have been a lot of tears but it was the kindest thing to do x

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...