Monday, March 29, 2021

 We had a lovely evening on Saturday belatedly celebrating S's 21st Birthday.  The bubbles flowed, we had a lovely chinese take away and we all enjoyed watching 'The Dig' on Netflix. Sunday was spent quietly pottering, we all really missed that hour in bed!

Today, after jobs were done, S and I went over to Meadfoot beach at Torquay and sat in the sunshine enjoying a take away coffee.  It really has been a lovely day, weather wise, and just sat looking out to sea made us think it won't be long till we're at the beach most weekends with the paddleboard.  I absolutely love living by the sea.




In sadder news I don't think our beloved cat Suzie will be with us much longer.  One of  her hips is not great, she stopped grooming herself a couple of months ago so, even though we brush her regularly, her coat is tufty, she's not eating much and then the last few days she has been incontinent.  It's very sad - she will be 20 on Thursday which is an amazing age for a cat - but she's struggling so I think we will have to have a discussion with the girls about what is best.


I'm onto another new book which so far I'm really enjoying - my big pile of library books is very slowly reducing!




7 comments:

  1. What a lovely seaside picture! I also live on the ocean (on the west coast of Canada, so mine's the Pacific), and I need to go down to the shore more often - thanks for the reminder!

    Aw, poor kitty - 20 years is a LONG time for a cat. Sending you good vibes for old Suzie. :(

    Thank you so much for dropping by my blog! I appreciate your comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been back to the beach this morning for another walk while we are having such lovely weather.

      Delete
  2. That's a gorgeous seascape!
    Glad you enjoyed your meet-up.
    Sending Suzie and you lots of love, you've done brilliantly for her to reach 20 years old, what an amazing and loving life you've given that beautiful girl of yours. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been for another sunny walk along a different seafront this morning. It's a hard decision to make with Suzie but her quality of life is diminishing every week. The vet is going to check her over and give their opinion on Thursday - I've said to the girls that she must have loved her life with us to reach such an age.

      Delete
  3. I am sorry to bother you but I enjoy your blog as we retire in 2 years and are thinking of moving to devon. I wondered what you thought of living where you do? I assume it must be near to Torquay-which is a place we know quite well from holidays. What is it like to live there all year round-it is a nice friendly area? Many thanks for any comments you pass on, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live in a village between Newton Abbot and Teignmouth so are about 5 miles from Torquay. We have lived here for 16 years and absolutely love it. There are loads of lovely beaches - obviously we get a lot of holiday makers in the summer but that doesn't bother us and it's a very friendly place to live. If you want any info on any particular towns/villages just ask.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your help, that's great!

    ReplyDelete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...