Wednesday, October 27, 2021



 Well half-term is going far too quickly!

After our long day on Saturday we had a relatively quiet day on Sunday. D and K had both arranged to meet friends so I took L to Hobby Craft to spend her birthday voucher and then we came back to Morrisons to get a few bits that I needed so very exciting. On Monday Husband drove up to the edge of Bath to move S out of her current rental property. She only has two more weeks working in Bath and is going to stay with my Dad for that. He had taken all the seats out of the car and S followed him back and both cars were absolutely full to the brim plus Husbands car had a mattress strapped on the roof! It was a long day but at least it's all done and all she has to do is hand the keys in next week. 

While Husband was doing that K, L and I went to meet up with a friend and her two Daughters at the house they have recently bought, but not yet moved into. It's a big old project and it was great to have a look around and hear their plans. We took a picnic lunch and it was warm enough to sit outside and eat. The house has about an acre of land and a swimming pool but it all needs a lot of work so it's going to keep them busy for the next couple of years. In the evening we started watching "The Long Call" which we are really enjoying.

Tuesday I worked and when I came home it felt like my house had shrunk. Every cupboard I opened had things of S's in it - food bits, toiletries, airing cupboard stuff, honestly it's endless, wherever you look stuff has appeared! Daughter D's boyfriend came for dinner and then afterwards they all set themselves up carving pumpkins. They are now sat in front of the house and they have also decorated our snug window. I am not a big fan of Halloween so I have just left them to get on with it but I have to say it's all looking good.

Today we have had a daytrip out to Looe in Cornwall. On the way I had the treat of stopping at the big Waitrose in Saltash and picked up some Christmas bits to stash away. Once in Looe we picked up some lovely cornish pasties, first of the year, which we took down to the seafront to eat. We had a relaxing couple of hours walking around the town and harbour although I have to say it was very busy.

I'm not sure what we will do for the rest of the week, we shall have to see what the weather does.


9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos of the harbour, what a wonderful place to escape to!
    I'm not into Hallowe'en either but those pumpkins look great! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day out and somewhere we hadn't been for a few years.
      I can cope with a bit of pumpkin carving but that's about it!x

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos of the harbour. We love Cornwall and you just can't match the taste of a real Cornish pasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day out and the pasties were really tasty. I sometimes make pasties but they are never as good as a proper cornish one.

      Delete
  3. How lovely, a trip to Looe (must remember the e, ha ha!) Not been there in years. Gorgeous photos of the place. Not watched the TV prog you mention, there are so many new ones right now, but I'm not keen on many of the serials which usually feature a murder, but I shall watch the new series of PD James novels, Dalgliesh, as I remember those from many years ago starring Roy Marsden, which we enjoyed. Maybe they would seem rather old fashioned now, it will be interesting to see what the new production is like.
    Margaret P
    www.margaretpowling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid we do like the crime serials as long as they're not too complicated! We are planning to watch the new Dalgliesh series, at the moment we are watching Shetland, and we have Midsummer Murders to watch on catch up. There is always lots of good TV viewing as we go into Autumn, hard to keep up with it all.

      Delete
  4. I know what you mean about the shrinking house - twice we had may daughter and her partner here for a few months while they renovated the kitchen and bathroom. It was so nice afterwards to get our space back even though I missed their company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was worst in the kitchen as she's a keen cook as well so we now have lots of duplicate oils, spices etc. I've already had to have a clear out of the airing cupboard to accommodate her bedding and towels but to be honest that was a job that was long overdue.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations, wonderful work, it's beautiful so much and good idea on site.
    Game ស្លត់អនឡាញ_ហ្គេម​ SLOT ONLINE

    ReplyDelete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...