Sunday, February 20, 2022

 Well what weather we have had this week. If I'm honest it wasn't as bad here Friday as I was expecting. The secondary schools emailed me Thursday lunchtime to say they would be closed Friday but the Primary school left it till 7.27am Friday morning to email!!. We just hunkered down at home and got on with the home learning that had been set and by early evening it had all died down which was a relief as M and I had a rare night out planned just the two of us. We just went down to our village Hotel for a meal and a few drinks and it was absolutely lovely. This is something that doesn't happen often enough.

Yesterday K had a hair appointment in town so we dropped her off and then went and did a little bit of shopping and had coffee and cake in Costa. Once her hair was done I then dropped her at a friends house for a party and sleepover. She had a brilliant time but is very tired today!



Today I have been doing some preparation for my busy birthday week. S has her birthday on the 5th March, K on the 10th and Husband on the 11th so it all gets a bit manic sorting presents and cards etc. S has no idea what she wants at the moment which is very unhelpful so I have just bought a card today. K needs a new phone so that is easy to sort and she will just get a couple of small surprises to go with it. We have a meal booked the day before S's birthday - her birthday falls on a Saturday this year so she is having a night out with friends so our family celebration will be the night before. We will also go out for a meal on Husbands birthday but it will be a joint celebration with K. I then think she wants to go ice skating with a couple of friends over the weekend. The girls have had quiet Birthdays the last couple of years due to covid so it's nice for them to get back to doing things with their friends. This afternoon has been damp and blustery so K and L (with Husbands help) have been making some bunting for their bedrooms. L is obsessed with sausage dogs and K's favourite colour is orange.








At the beginning of the week my Sister and her Husband came down to Devon for a few days ,so on Wednesday we went up to Sidmouth and met them for the day. We had a nice long walk and then a lovely lunch out and then another nice long walk so a very good day out.





Well it is half term thank goodness this coming week. We are going up to Wiltshire Wednesday/Thursday to see my Dad and Mother in Law but other than that nothing much planned - we will just see what each day brings.

Let's hope we have calmer weather this week.


8 comments:

  1. It is hard having so many family birthdays together - our busy birthday months are January and April. Sidmouth brings back fond memories for me when I stayed at a girls bording school there for 2 weeks - a kind of school summer camp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is - as we get nearer I shall have a list going to make sure I don't forget anything for anyone!
      I love Sidmouth, my Grandparents used to take me and my Sister there for holidays when we were children. Luckily now I only live about 40 minutes away so I can visit regularly.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you got your evening out despite the weather and that bunting is really lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to have an evening out just the two of us - it doesn't happen often enough just with the logistics of making sure one of the older ones home to babysit and budget.
      They loved playing with the sewing machine and were really pleased with the results.

      Delete
  3. I have one of those busy birthday weeks too but mine is in August. My husband and both grown up children have birthdays in the same week. And..none of them ever know what they want!!!
    Glad you have been ok through the storms of last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nightmare isn't it - so far I have one small present for each Daughter and cards!
      The storms were not too bad - going to have a day out in Exmouth today with the two younger girls - a nice bracing walk along the beach.

      Delete
  4. Just when we thought we'd seen the last of the storms, Walsall was rocked by an earthquake last night. You couldn't make it up, could you?
    Hope everyone has a lovely birthday! x

    ReplyDelete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...