Sunday, February 13, 2022

 What a horrible wet and windy day today down here in Devon. K and L did their paper rounds first thing and got very wet. We did go out for a short while this morning but other than that we have been snuggled down at home. L made some ginger oaty biscuits and as there was an aubergine, pepper and courgette in this weeks fruit and veg box from Lidl, I made up a batch of ratatouille for the freezer. We all like this with pasta but it is a great emergency standby when I need a veggie meal for K and/or S. I am now cooking a roast chicken for tonight with a nut roast for S and K. I picked up a couple of these artisan nut roast in Lidl before Christmas and the girls really like them.  Our village shop changed hands at the start of the year and it now stocks these and a few other items from this range which is great.




Going back to the start of the week, Monday, S and I had a nice walk around Teignmouth and all along the seafront finishing with a coffee in Wetherspoons. We then came home and I got on with some chores whilst S went to the gym and then grabbed a couple of hours sleep ahead of a night shift.

Tuesday I worked and came home to a parents evening on zoom for K. It's very easy not having to leave the house these days to meet the teachers and I wonder how much of a rush they will be in to go back to face to face meetings. K is doing really well and is just about to choose her options for going into year 10 in September.

On Wednesday I met a friend, from my banking days (pre children), who I have not seen for one reason and another, for three years. It was far to long a gap from last seeing each other and we are going to make sure we get into a regular routine. We had a good few hours catching up on our news and all our children - 9 between us!

On Friday it was my Mother in Laws birthday - 77 years old. She is an amazing women, very sprightly for her age, always keen for a trip out when we visit and really really lovely.

As it was Friday it was in to Newton Abbot with D once she finished school at 11 - a few errands run and a coffee out as per usual. I have also this week paid the balance on our holiday to France at Easter so fingers crossed this will be the start of us travelling again. Husbands Aunt and Uncle live in France, down in the Burgundy region and they will come up to the campsite we are staying on (near Paris) and join us. We last did this three years ago and due to covid have not seem them since then. They are a great couple and good company on holiday so really looking forward to catching up with them.

And that really was the last week. Half term is a week later down here than usual so still one week of school to go and a busy one as L's year and the year below are putting on a production Wednesday and Thursday evening. This was meant to be in December but due to most of the class being off with covid it was postponed. It is called 'The Rocky Monster Show' and L is playing an old lady called Ada complete with grey wig and walking stick!

Have a good week everyone.

10 comments:

  1. I just love France so am already looking forward to your photos. I have not tried that nut roast - I usually make our own and then freeze it in portions but some of our recipes can take a while to make so it can be good to have a ready made standby in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait to get back to France - I have loved it for years and would love to own a small house or holiday home there.
      The nut roast got the thumbs down from K - too nutty!!.
      The other one I bought at the same time was in a red box and I think was a mediterranean nut roast which she liked. S will be in from work shortly so I will see what her verdict is.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a lovely week.
    I'm looking forward to the photos too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't wait to leave the country. I'm nervous about having all the correct paperwork but I figure once I've done it once I'll be fine.

      Delete
  3. I love ratatouille, I used to live on it when I lived on my own. Jon loathes aubergines so I'm deprived these days!
    I bet you're really excited about France. Jon's uncle lives in his house in Limousin for six months of the year and his apartment in Cyprus for the rest and voted Brexit - silly man, now he's got to come home! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girls aren't over keen on aubergine but I chop it really small so they don't really notice it!
      I can't wait to get back to France - we are also booked for the May half term and if we get on ok we shall go out for the summer holidays I expect.
      Before Brexit John's Uncle had it sorted, perfect combination, he's going to have a shock coming back to the UK.

      Delete
  4. How lovely to have your holiday in France to look forward to and also meeting up with family. It will be good to travel again.
    Wishing you dry and sunny days this week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be great to travel abroad again and meet up with Husbands family. I am nervous about having all the right paperwork but know that once I've done it once it will be fine.

      Delete
  5. It is always great when there's a holiday to look forward to. I am thinking of going to France next year, so I will look forward to reading about your trip.
    Enjoy L's show! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love France and can't wait to go back. Apprehensive about having the right paperwork etc but once we're there it will be great.
      First performance tonight -Husband and D have gone to watch. I'm going tomorrow with K. Hopefully all will go well although she said the dress rehearsal to the rest of the school on Monday was terrible - lines forgotten, microphones not working, dances forgotten!!!

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...