Monday, February 7, 2022

 Well another week has gone by in a flash.

Last Monday I had a very sore arm from my booster and by the afternoon Husband and I both felt very tired and a bit sick but with some pain killers and a good nights sleep we were back to normal by Tuesday.

Tuesday was work again and the poor woman I work for is having problems due to covid being in her household again. The week before last, her 12 year old tested positive just 9 weeks after having it before. Luckily we work out of her Mum's house so her Daughter was able to isolate at home and fend for herself. Then her youngest Daughter kept complaining of a sore throat and feeling unwell but every lateral flow test was negative even last Tuesday morning, however, by Tuesday evening she tested positive and that was us shut again for the remainder of the week as her youngest is only 7 so needed an adult at home. All being well we will have a normal week this week but it is rife in the girls schools again so no doubt we will have it back in our house again soon.

On Wednesday, eldest Daughter and I went to our village garden centre for lunch as I had a voucher for buy one get one free for a bowl of soup and a roll. It was lovely, broccoli and stilton, a favourite of mine.

Friday, as per usual it was into Newton Abbot for a couple of hours with Daughter D having a mooch around the shops and a coffee in Costa.

Saturday we went off up to Wiltshire to see my Dad and Mother in Law for the weekend. We set off and drove up in brilliant sunshine but then it all went downhill and the afternoon was overcast and a bit damp. We took my Mother in Law to Frome for the afternoon which is a small somerset town with a lot of nice independent shops and quite an arty vibe to it. We had a lovely couple of hours walking around and looking in various shops. In the evening we got take away fish and chips which we had with my Dad. This is always a treat for us when we visit as he has a fantastic fish and chip shop in the town, far better than any near to us.


Sunday, as usual, we had a table booked for lunch in Prezzo and my Sister and her Husband joined us. We had a nice couple of hours with them catching up on news, and some lovely food, then late afternoon we drove home. It is always an exhausting weekend fitting everyone one, and I find it emotionally draining being in my Dad's house without my Mum.

Today, I have been finalising and paying for our holiday to France at Easter which was moved from last year due to you know what. We are hoping to meet up with Husbands Aunt and Uncle whilst we are there as it is three years since we've seen them. Anyway, fingers crossed it all happens and I am hoping France remove some of the regulations before we travel as at the moment it is one of the trickier places to go.

Right, well now I need to make sure I have my work bag ready for tomorrow and then read some more of my book before an early night.


12 comments:

  1. I think I have skirted all the way around Wiltshire but never through it - I must remedy that as it looks a lovely county, in fact one of my oldest school friends lives there. I have the same problem when we go up to North Yorkshire fitting in a visit to my younger daughter, my mum and my sister. Hope you manage to stay virus free.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's exhausting isn't it. In term time we can only stay the one night so the weekend has to be planned to ensure we spend quality time with everyone we need to.

      Delete
  2. Hi Emma, I am new to your blog - I am a regular of Devon Dreaming, and saw that you also have a blog by clicking on your name in one of the comments you left Margaret. I am recently retired, and have had a blog for a number of years. Now that I have more time, I am visiting other blogs to say hello, and it's nice to have that interaction with other bloggers. I live on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, and we still have quite a high number of people contracting Covid. We have a mask mandate and other restrictions in place - we too are hoping to travel to Europe in July. It is so difficult to know if things will be improved by then. I hope you and your family stay healthy. - Nancy (Stonecrop Sister)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for finding my blog and having a read.
      Covid numbers are high in our schools but symptoms seem to be mild.
      We have so many holidays cancelled or moved that I really hope we get to France at Easter but I am nervous of all the testing and paperwork needed.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a lovely week. It's such a lovely part of the country.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is - I wouldn't want to live back there as I love being by the coast but nice to keep in touch with when visiting family.

      Delete
  4. It seems to be children more than anyone else who are contracting covid and passing it on, as you say, many seem to be getting it more than once. I suppose that's just down to them mixing with other kids at school but hard when whole families are then coming down with it or having to isolate. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend with family but I can relate to the emotions you feel being in your dad's house without your mum being there, it was the same for me and something I never got used to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the people I know who haven't had covid seem to be those that don't have school age children!
      It was a lovely weekend but I always get very anxious beforehand and never really relax and I guess that is just how it will always be. Like you say, I don't think I will ever get used to my Mum not being there when I visit.x

      Delete
  5. I'm so pleased that you've booked a trip to your beloved France, I bet you can't wait.
    I know what you mean about visiting your Dad now your Mum isn't there. My parental home was across the road from ours. Dad was taken into care shortly after Mum died and I'd do anything to avoid going there, sending Jon to check up on stuff. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited and nervous about travelling abroad but I think once I'm there it will be fine. I read somewhere this evening that France are getting ready to drop their testing requirements so that will be some stress gone.
      I know, I spend the whole time before and during visiting anxious. It's such a shock when you suddenly realise your parents are old and everything you know and take for granted with them changes x

      Delete
  6. Covid seems to be turning in to something like a nit epidemic in school children. No sooner are they gone then they're back again. My best friends two youngest grandchildren seemed to have them constantly for a couple of years...

    I was told Newton Abbott has the most charity shops in the country - is that true?

    That sounded like a very busy weekend indeed. I hope you've recovered.

    Good luck with the travel to France' I believe they're easing up some of their restrictions.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be exactly like nits! - touch wood we haven't had those in the house for at least a couple of years. All the girls have very long hair so used to be a nightmare to deal with.
      I haven't heard that about Newton Abbot and I certainly don't think there are that many - a couple have closed since covid.
      I got very excited about France but then I read something yesterday about it only being people from EU countries that won't have to test so I may have jumped the gun, will just have to wait for the official announcement and of course it could all change again before we go!

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...