Sunday, January 30, 2022

 Well it's a lovely sunny morning here in Devon so I have been out and hoovered my car  and now Husband is kindly washing it for me. It's long overdue as it was filthy inside and out. Later on today Husband and I have finally got our booster appointments over at Dawlish hospital so we shall have a walk around the town and along the seafront afterwards.

Monday was a cold bleak day but S wasn't working so we got ourselves organised and went out for a nice walk around a part of Newton Abbot that I lived in years ago. There was newly opened Co-Op on route and I treated us to a take away coffee to warm us up. We then came back home and both got on with jobs - mine cleaning and making a shopping list for Aldi that evening and S cooking up her lunches to take to work for the week. When I went shopping I treated myself to a bunch of daffodils to bring a touch of spring into the house.



Tuesday I worked and then in the evening L went to the pantomime in Teignmouth with Scouts. The performance was just for youth groups and the pantomime was Beauty and the Beast which she thoroughly enjoyed although it was a very late night.



On Wednesday I met a friend and we went down to our village garden centre for a coffee and a catch up. She is having a stressful time at the moment with elderly parents going into a home and a house which has to be sold to pay for it etc. We spent a good couple of hours and a couple of coffees talking it all through and catching up on other news.

On Thursday I worked in the morning and then it was a quick turnaround and I was out for lunch with some friends I used to work with. For a change we went to our village Vineyard and the food was really lovely with lots of choice.

Friday D always finishes school at 11.00 and we always go in to Newton Abbot. I usually have a few errands and some food bits that I need that I can't get in Aldi and then we have a coffee in Costa. Before that, first thing, I went to Lidl with Hubby for one of their £1.50 fruit and veg boxes. If you haven't tried one I can highly recommend them. All the boxes have different contents so you can pick one that best suits your needs. Last weeks had peppers and aubergines and I already had mushrooms and courgettes so I made some ratatouille for the freezer which is great to have on hand for the veggie members of the family. 

Saturday morning I took K and L to the cinema for the kids crew showing of Boss Baby Family Business. Kids Crew is on a Saturday morning at our local cinema and they  show a recent film for £2.50 a ticket so good value. After lunch I decided we needed some fresh air, rather than playing games on phones, so we had a walk around the village stopping off at the park. As no one else was there K and L both had a go on the basket swing and I sat and had a coffee from the Crew Coffee van.





So that is my week. Hopefully I won't have any reaction to my booster but I have no plans tomorrow so if I do feel rough I can take it easy.

10 comments:

  1. I hope you are doing well after your booster with no reaction. Your daffodils are gorgeous! They remind me that spring is right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far no reaction other than my arm being a little sore.
      I shall keep buying daffodils for the next few weeks as they really brighten up my kitchen.

      Delete
  2. I hope you had no ill effects from the booster, everyone I know (including us) were fine!
    Lovely daffs. Our crocuses are starting to peep out of the lawn, very exciting! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good with the booster. I have no plans tomorrow so if I wake up feeling a bit rough I shall have a quiet day on the sofa with my book.

      Delete
  3. As I am writing this the day after you posted I hope you and hubby are both Ok after the booster. Your lovely daffodils make me think I should be getting some for this small corner too. They certainly do bring some much needed Spring cheer.
    Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both have very sore arms and both felt tired and a bit sick this afternoon but by this evening it is passing and I think with a good nights sleep tonight we will be fine tomorrow.
      Daffodils are lovely at this time of year for bringing a bit of spring inside.

      Delete
  4. I hope the booster went okay. My first two jabs went fine but I felt so poorly for a day after I had my booster. A small price to pay in the grand scheme of things though. I always like to have daffodils in a vase at this time of year, they bring a bit of sunshine into the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My arm was very sore and Monday afternoon I felt very tired and a bit sick but it soon passed.
      I love having daffodils in the house and they are so cheap to buy.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous daffodils, Emma. Where's the new Co-op? We go to Wellswood to the Co-op there as it's quite a small one. As you know I have the vast majority of our food delivered to the doorstep. Hope you are continuing to be well after your booster.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new Co-op is going out of Newton Abbot on the Highweek road where all the new houses have been built. There's a couple of other empty units there waiting to be filled. S is off tomorrow so I think we shall go to Teignmouth for a nice walk along the seafront.

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...