Sunday, January 23, 2022

 It's been really wintry this week with very cold early mornings but some sunshine too. I like it when it's like this as long as I'm all wrapped up in the right clothing!

The week started with a trip to the orthodontist on Monday with D to be fitted with a new bottom retainer that I'd had to order as her one had split. That was my purse £90 lighter so I hope this one lasts a bit longer than the year the last one did. Unfortunately she tends to grind her teeth at night and they're quite flimsy things so I won't hold my breath.

I worked Tuesday, and Wednesday instead of Thursday this week which meant that I could take the children to the village toddler group. I think it must be about 10 years since I've been and not a lots changed. It was an easy few hours work with a couple of coffees and chocolate biscuits thrown in!

On Friday D's boyfriend, Jack, celebrated his 18th birthday. She went for a meal with him and his family to The Ivy in Exeter which she said was amazing. It is booked up weeks in advance as it seems to be the in place to go at the moment.

This weekend we have been to Bournemouth with K and L to visit our friends Geoff and Sara.  We always have a weekend with them in January but last last years had to be moved on a year due to Covid, however, we did see them last October when Geoff threw a surprise party for Sara's 50th birthday. We had a lovely meal out with them last night and then today had a walk along the seafront and a coffee out in a lovely little cafe right out on the end of the pier. It has been really nice catching up with them. There has also been a little bit of shopping and some copper spent on the machines in the amusement arcade on the pier.      

        

Now, I need to make sure everything's ready for school tomorrow and then it will be another episode of either The Bay or Around the World in 80 days, not sure which yet, but we are really enjoying both.


6 comments:

  1. The Ivy looks very swanky and colourful!
    I'm glad you had a lovely catch-up with your friends. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had a lovely weekend with our friends and just nice to be somewhere different.x

      Delete
  2. It is always lovely to catch up with friends. So glad you were able to spend time with them on that special occasion :)in October and again now.
    Have a lovely week and I will keep my fingers crossed for that retainer x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to see them and visit somewhere different.
      I'm just waiting for the top retainer to split now as it's not in great condition!

      Delete
  3. How lovely to get away for a bit and see some friends. My daughter loves Bournemouth and says she'd like to live there!

    I was astonished at the cost of a retainer; is that NHS or private dental practice prices? Mind you I'll have paid 60.00 for a dental hygienist appointment when I go in February; they took a 20.00 deposit for it when I saw the dentist in September!

    Hope you have a good weekend
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Bournemouth - my Dad is a lifelong Bournemouth AFC supporter so my childhood was spent with my Mum and Sister on the beach in all weathers while my Dad watched football!
      That is NHS - you get your first set free and that's it and they are the flimsiest things. Our dentist still isn't doing routine check ups so it's been two years since our last appointment.

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...