Sunday, January 16, 2022

 Another week hits the dust. I know I've said it before but with school, work, clubs etc now all back to normal life just whizzes by. There's a small part of me that misses this time last year when school was shut and we just pottered about at home with some online schoolwork and a walk each day. No rushing out the house early, no packed lunches, no clubs - bliss!

Monday was a bit of a wasted day. L had a hospital appointment in Exeter for a rare mole she has developed on her nose. She is under the care of a consultant dermatologist who every few weeks has a look at it and measures it. Unfortunately, because of where it is, to remove it would leave a big scar so a greater problem than what she is dealing with. They are hopeful that as she gets older and her face and nose grow it will fade out. In the meantime their advice is to use concealer on it. Anyway she was running 45 minutes late so the whole afternoon was taken up in the end.

Wednesday I met a friend for coffee in our village garden centre in the morning which was very pleasant and then it was home to just get on with the usual domestic drudgery!

Thursday I went into town with S for a wander around and we had a coffee out. This week she started her new job up in Exeter but it has just been a few hours each day doing induction training whereas next week it will be back to long shifts and not much opportunity for coffees out.

Fridays, D finishes school at 11.00 so that is her day for Mummy time, as she puts it, so back into town for another look around and another coffee out.

Saturday I was back into town in the morning as L has started scouts and we needed to buy her uniform. The uniform shop only opens on a Saturday for a couple of hours so I couldn't combine with my other trips. In the afternoon it was only me and L so she got her scooter out and we did what we call our lockdown route around the village, me walking and her scootering. From our house we go down to the bottom of the village, up through our park to the main road that goes through the village centre, through the centre and then back down to home. It takes about 40 minutes and got us out for some fresh air.






Today I fancied some sea air so we went over to Teignmouth and walked all along the sea front and beyond and now I am cooking a roast for dinner.

Have a good week everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Best wishes to L and hoping things work out ok.
    Any opportunity for coffee/drinks with family and friends is good. Hope you enjoyed the scooter trip too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it's hard to get the enthusiasm to go out for a walk, but once I'm out I always really enjoy it and am glad I made the effort.

      Delete
  2. Wishing L all the best.
    After all those months of lockdown I still get really excited to go sharity shopping, visit a National Trust property or meet up with friends. The pandemic really has taught us to enjoy evry minute while we are able! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, you feel like you need to live each day as if it's your last!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all is OK with your daughter. You sound to have had a busy week to me! These weeks are galloping by, aren't they? Already a month since the winter solstice! But signs of spring, thank goodness! Nice to pay a visit to the garden centre ... I think I might persuade Someone here here that might be a good idea, if only for a cup of coffee! We are very gradually going to such places again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weeks are certainly galloping by, before we know it it will be February but it will be nice to have lighter days and more spring like weather. I shall probably try and go to Jacks Patch again this week as I have a voucher for a free hot drink that needs to be used by the end of the month - any excuse!

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...