Thursday, April 29, 2021

 A quiet couple of days and a real shock to have a damp day yesterday after all these dry weeks. Daughter S came back yesterday afternoon as she had her rescheduled hospital appointment first thing this morning. She didn't feel great after her appointment so we went into Newton Abbot and had the treat of a coffee out served in proper cups and saucers.  It was lovely although it would have been even better if  the sun had shone a bit more.



Having said the Louise Penny book was a bit slow to start with I suddenly got really into it and quickly finished it whilst dinner was cooking. Next I'm going to read 'The Godmothers'. 



Well that's it really. I'm going to settle down shortly with my book and a glass of wine and see what's on TV worth watching.  I hope the weather is kind over the Bank Holiday weekend so that we can have a couple of nice walks and relax in the garden.

4 comments:

  1. I hope your daughter is feeling better now. Have a lovely weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she is thankyou and the coffee definately helped!

      Delete
  2. I like Monica McInerney's books. I've not long read one called (I think) 'Those Faraday Girls'.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is really good and at the end there is an extract of 'Those Faraday Girls' which also sounded good so I've put it in my amazon basket.

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...