Tuesday, July 6, 2021

 Well it was another dismal Sunday here. It really rained in the morning which was a shame as there was a garage sale around our village raising money for the School. Mid afternoon it looked a bit brighter so K, L and I went for a walk around the village on what we call our lockdown route. This is the minimum walk we did every day in all the different lockdowns and takes us around the village via the park. We had only been back 5 minutes when S got in from her shift at the Hotel and said she needed some fresh air and would I like a walk along Teignmouth seafront, so off we went. It was cloudy and breezy but not cold so a pleasant walk.

Monday S and I went to Torquay to go to our nearest Primark. S needed another pair of black trousers for work, but didn't want to spend a fortune, and I hadn't been there for a couple of months so off we went. There was nothing I liked but I picked up a dress each for K and L and some shorts reduced for Hubby and S managed to find some trousers so a successful visit. Afterwards we had a coffee in Costa and then came home. I did some jobs and we had some lunch and then S was restless! So we went for another walk along Teignmouth seafront and I remembered to take some photos this time. What with my walks down to school and back I managed a whopping 23000 steps, the most for a long time.







Today has been an enjoyable day at work and tomorrow I am meeting a friend for coffee and a good catch up.

10 comments:

  1. I don't visit very often, but I can't remember a time when I walked out of Primark empty handed, even if its just socks :)
    Congratulations on all the steps. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there's always a bargain! I usually buy pants and socks for the younger two in there and school tights as way cheaper than the supermarket. I only tend to buy pj's for me as I find the sizing a bit hit or miss and their changing rooms are still shut.

      Delete
  2. It seems you have started the week really well, spending time with your daughters outdoors and buying bargains. I hope it is a good week for you.

    Here the weather is crazy. On Monday it was too hot to spend time outdoors(32°C) and today it's pouring down! So not very appealing to go for a walk...:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weathers very changeable here at the moment but nothing like those temperatures! I don't think I'd cope. I hope the weather here improves for when school finishes for the summer.

      Delete
  3. Love the moody shot of the waves lapping up onto the sand. The weather's been so changeable here. I got absolutely soaked yesterday, even in a waterproof coat. Typically, as soon as I got home, the sun came out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly doesn't feel like summer. I hope it improves before the schools break up.

      Delete
  4. The sky in that first photo looks very ominous!
    I can cope with the occasional monsoon-like downpour as long as it's warm. I love seeing the steam coming off the shed roof, I can pretend I'm back in Bali! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were lucky we managed to dodge the showers and it wasn't cold.

      Delete
  5. Ooooh, now I do love a good collective village garage sale! I remember living in Hull when Primarny opened. Peopled camped overnight outside the store for it!!! :0 :) You must have a bottom like a bullet after all those steps. Hope you enjoyed your coffee and catchup. Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a lovely week. Unfortunately, L sent home from school yesterday as they have a positive covid case in her bubble. She has to isolate until next Sunday evening so this coming week is going to be a lot quieter!

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...