Sunday, August 15, 2021


 Thursday, I worked as an extra as we had a full seven children booked in. It was a mizzly day which was a bit of a shame as we spent the day at Escot which is all outdoors and is a big woodland area with trails, some animals and adventure play equipment.  We had a good time but a bit of sunshine would have made the day better. The best thing that happened on Thursday was that D finally passed her Maths GCSE after three attempts. She works really hard but maths has always been a real struggle for her, but thank goodness she has now passed.

Friday, we made another trip to the uniform shop and changed the skirts so we are nearly there! We then came back to Teignmouth for a walk all along the seafront and a coffee in the Pavillions which is a lovely cafe - part of the theatre- which overlooks the sea. After lunch I caught up with some jobs, and then the girls wanted to walk down to The Lawns and play tennis which we did for an hour or so in the sunshine.

Saturday we woke up to a cloudy day so first of all I did a couple of loads of washing to put out and cleared the ironing basket. After lunch I decided to tackle the garden and do some cutting back and some weeding. After about an hour the sun suddenly came out and it got very hot so the decision was made to grab the beach bag and head over to Teignmouth for a swim. We had a very nice couple of hours with the girls swimming and then we had a sandcastle competition which, unsurprisingly, Hubby won!

Today, it was back over to Teignmouth first thing as K had decided she wanted her ears pierced for a second time and the lady who does it was in Superdrug today. The town was very quiet for peak holiday season and quite a few shops were closed. We came back to Jacks Patch, our village garden centre, for a look around and K had decided, as she worked an extra paper round this week, that she would like to treat me to coffee which was lovely of her.  This afternoon I have carried on with my weeding and done some packing as Wednesday we are off to Charmouth in Dorset for another 3 night camping trip with K and L. Really looking forward to it as we have been going to the campsite since S was a baby and the facilities are good. It will be tinged with a bit of sadness as it is somewhere my Mum and Dad joined us a lot as, although not campers themselves, the site has motel rooms over reception which they always stayed in. I have to say that I have struggled a lot over the last couple of weeks as on our trips away and just out locally, I see a lot of Grandparents out with children and grandchildren and it makes me very sad that that has finished for us.

Finally, a picture of our only, very small, sunflower which finally flowered this morning and my nasturtiums which have also been very slow to get going.

Well, I imagine it will be next Sunday before I am back here as I am working Tuesday and we will be away relatively early Wednesday.

4 comments:

  1. You have been very busy and I hope you enjoy your camping holiday. We've not been to Jack's Patch in ages, we now visit Otter Garden Centre which is closer to where we live. Elder son, daughter-in-law and grandson (and some others) visited Escot about a week ago and quite enjoyed it. But what they did enjoy was, with another family, crabbing in Torquay harbour on Saturday morning. Great fun. No crabs caught for 2 hours and then son caught three in quick succession. Of course, the crabs are returned to the sea, they are not edible crabs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hadn't been in Jacks Patch for months so it was nice for a browse and a coffee.
      I have a bit of a fear of water and children so crabbing has always been a big no no for my girls, but it always looks good fun.

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a lovely break away and that the weather is kind to you! My daughter is camping at the moment with her family and all is going well; it's a first for her.

    I must have a swim at Teignmouth one day; it certainly looks like a fab place to swim!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will just be nice to sit on a different beach and as long as it doesn't rain it will be fine!

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...