Friday, September 24, 2021


 Another week gone by in a blur of school and work. The Thursday before last, once I had finished work at 12, I met two friends at our village Hotel for lunch. D has a Daughter the same age as S and was manager of the pre-school I used to work at for many years. K I have known since I moved to the village and her youngest Daughter and D have been best friends since pre-school and now they are 17!. We had lots to catch up on and the food was really good as usual.

On Saturday K went off to play tennis with a friend so we took L over to Teignmouth for a nice long walk along the beach and an ice-cream, then on Sunday we went on a day out to Escot which is the other trip we had to rearrange when the girls got covid. Escot is an animal park the other side of Exeter but also has trampolines, drop slides, a play area and a maze. We took a picnic and had a lovely few hours, the only bad thing being the coffee we bought there which was so vile I couldn't drink it. Afterwards, as the sun had come out and it had got very warm we continued on to Budleigh Salterton which is a lovely old fashioned small seaside town. I didn't even consider putting the beach bag in the car so the girls had to make do with a paddle.

This week has been taken up with cleaning, working, a couple of shopping trips with D, a couple of walks along Teignmouth seafront and taking D to have her covid vaccination, which had had to be postponed because of having covid. Tomorrow we are off up to Wiltshire for the night to see my Dad and my Mother-in-law so it will be a very busy couple of days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...