Sunday, January 31, 2021

 Birds and a trip out


Well the birdwatch was a wash out - we have had heavy rain all weekend so not a bird to be seen in our garden! We still made ourselves go out yesterday and today for a walk to get some fresh air and exercise but we got very wet.

The great excitement this morning was a trip to our nearby market town.  I do a weekly shop in Aldi but there are a few things that they don't stock so I have a list going and  every couple of weeks we have a trip to Asda. You would have thought we were going on a major shopping trip by the girls excitement! They all had lists of bits they needed - school stuff, toiletries etc. I got all the things on my Asda list then got water filters and bird food in Wilko and a take away coffee from Greggs. What a treat! The downside was that we got drenched.





This is my latest read which I'm really enjoying.  I'm sure a blogger I follow recommended it by I cant remember which one.  D has a couple of books to collect from the Library so I shall probably book a slot to collect towards the end of the week so that will be another chance to leave our village and combine it with a walk/scooter around a different park.

Well there is a dinner to cook so bye for now.


2 comments:

  1. I have that book on my TBR pile, Emma. I read another of this writer's books and it was excellent and I know I shall enjoy this in due course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have 'The Cottage of Curiosities' by her on my reading pile - ordered them both from the library before Christmas. I'm really enjoying this one.

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...