Tuesday, February 2, 2021

 

This and That

Nothing much going on here in South Devon.  I try and get home schooling with youngest done by early afternoon, then it usually fits in with D and K's timetable that we can then get out for our daily walk. Yesterday it was windy with mizzly rain so we got pretty wet but it makes us feel better getting the exercise and fresh air.  Today was much brighter after lunch although its now back to being wet.  



Yesterday I made a start on the dishcloth I have decided to knit. Jo at 'through the keyhole' put me on to this.  You can download a different dish cloth pattern each month from 'the kitchen sink shop' and they are simple knits. I am an amateur knitter so thought this sounded like a nice relaxing activity.  For this pattern as long as you can do knit and purl you'll be fine. So far there are no holes!

K had food tech for two hours on Teams this morning so dinner is sorted for us tonight - pizza and dough balls, so I have a night off cooking.  However, the mess to clear up after the lesson was unbelievable which I was left with as she had to move on to her next lesson!

Well I'm going to try and knit a few more rows before dinner.

6 comments:

  1. Those dishcloths look too pretty to use. Aren't you clever? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I don't know about that - last night I suddenly found i'd gained a stitch!

      Delete
  2. I am in awe that you manage to get your home schooling finished by lunchtime. Somehow it seems to take us most of the day, on and off. I usually insist we get out for a walk if the weather allows.
    I love the dishcloth pattern. I think I'll take a look at that site. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Youngest tends to have four pieces of work - two have to be completed by 12.30 and the other two by 3.30 but we try and just crack on and do as much as we can before lunch. We have our walk after lunch and then finish off whatever's left. It can take longer if shes in a fidgety mood and cant sit still! The older two have a lot more work but are good at organising themselves and just getting on with it. I'm looking forward to a break from it all at half term.

      Delete
  3. I've never knitted dishcloths but you have tempted me. What kind of cotton do you use? Can they be washed at 50 degrees? Home schooling is demanding for both parents and children, my husband and I were saying just yesterday that we are glad our children are no longer in the education system as that's something we don't have to worry about, I take my hat off to you. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am using paintbox cotton Aran yarn which I bought online from Love Crafts. On the label it says to wash at 40 degrees. So far its going ok.

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...