Thursday, January 28, 2021

 Another Day


Nothing to report yesterday, it was wet here most of the day so we didn't make it out for our daily walk, just got on with home schooling.

Today is overcast but at least its dry. The home schooling was straight forward which is always good. For lunch I made some soup with some broccoli stalks, a leek and a couple of potatoes.  I dished up L's then added a lump of stilton to the rest to melt for me and K. With it we had veggie swirls which L made a couple of weekends ago and I had put in the freezer. L had this Nadiya book for Christmas which has some nice recipes for children to try as well as stories. The swirls are basically a scone mix spread with a vegetable and onion mix which has been flavoured with some curry powder.



After lunch we went for our usual walk around the village, bumping into a former work colleague, who we had a distanced catch up with.  This afternoon I've managed to finish off the Louise Penny book so later I shall look through my mountain of reading material to see whats next.

Tonight it will be Death in Paradise with a glass of wine x

4 comments:

  1. Both the soup and the savoury scone sound delicious.
    Lovely to bump into someone you know on your walks, we chat to everyone but if it's a friend we can be there for ages - at a safe distance, of course!
    Enjoy your wine and TV! It's tea and Tv for us. Thursday is a dry day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though there are five of us at home it is so refreshing to talk to a different adult. When I was working I worked Monday to Thursday so Thursday night was always the start of my weekend and a wine night - I finished work last summer but the habit has remained!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The swirls look very good!
    Margaret P
    www.margaretpowling.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emma, glad to have found you. I live in the Midlands I visit Devon every year, staying in Brixham. Loving the sound of the scone-based swirls. I just may be making some this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...