Tuesday, January 26, 2021

 Wet Day

Miserable here today after the sunshine of yesterday. Home schooling was straightforward today and over by lunch time.

  This morning I phoned my Dad to check he was ok. I ring him every few days to check how he is and so that hes had a conversation with someone.  His life is very lonely since my Mum passed away. He is fine with the practical side of things but lockdown means no meeting friends for a coffee or a meal which is hard.  My sister lives nearby and is his support bubble but is only free to visit for a couple of hours on a Friday so he spends a lot of time on his own. Ideally I would love him to move down here but I don't think at 80 he will want the upheaval.





After lunch, even though it was drizzly we still went for a walk around the village and the girls posted a letter to their sister S who is at university in Bristol doing a midwifery degree.  I'm currently reading this book by Louise Penny which I know a few other bloggers have read recently.  I do enjoy the occasional crime book.  I love reading as do my Daughters - Hubby never reads a book!.  My worst nightmare would be to run out of something to read.  Our library usually charges 75p to reserve a book but back in November they suddenly announced reservations would be free until the end of March so I quickly picked out about a dozen books from my Amazon basket to reserve.  Then back in the Summer when I worried about more lockdowns and running out of reading material I bought some books from Amazon and The Works which are sat on my dresser still to be read and then finally on Christmas Eve when I briefly saw my sister she gave me a carrier bag of books she had finished with. She is also a big reader and I hadn't already read any of the books she gave me so I think I safely have enough books to last the year!

Well Hubby has just walked in from work so I shall go and have a coffee with him and then it will be on to preparing dinner.


3 comments:

  1. You sound just like me, I live in fear of running out of books. That one looks and sounds right up my street.
    Your poor dad. I'm sorry you're so far away from him. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to make sure I remember what books I have in stock and not duplicate any! and stop myself buying/reserving any more until i have got through the mountain I already have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also enjoy some crime novels, Emma, especially those by Donna Leon set in Venice.

    ReplyDelete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...