Monday, January 25, 2021

 Another week of home learning


Well here we are at the start of another week with three of my Daughters remote learning from home.  At times I have to say I find it all very testing.  The youngest needs me sat with her which stops me getting on with things Id like to be doing. K sorts herself out but is being set loads of work which more often than not takes her longer than the usual school day to complete. D has just started A Levels in sixth form and finds it hard at times not having the teacher on hand to check shes going about assignments in the right way etc. So at times things can get heated and on those evenings I need a glass of wine to recover!

For lunch I made stuffed peppers for myself and the youngest two having seen the recipe posted on Margaret's blog - Devon Dreaming. They were really tasty and we have enough for tomorrows lunch as well which is a blessing.  With everyone home we are getting through lots more food and its tiring having to think of interesting things to have at lunch time as well as the evening meal.  Although the girls would normally take a packed lunch to school when home it seems boring to have a sandwich day after day.

Sorry about the quality of the photo which I took on my phone but my technical wizard, K, couldn't get it to load so had to take a photo of my photo on her phone. All far too technical for me! I am determined to learn how to do all this stuff though.



Its been lovely and sunny here in South Devon so straight after lunch we had a break and had a nice walk, or scooter in the youngest twos case, around our village.  It really has been a glorious day weather wise but all set to change tomorrow unfortunately.


Well that's it for today, got about 40 minutes to myself before I need to think about dinner.

5 comments:

  1. Hello, Emma, and how lovely that the stuffed peppers I made and gave the very simple recipe for were such a success! The stuffing can be varies according to what you have avaiable. Sometimes I cook rice and stuff them with that instead of couscous, but always kick starting the recipe with sauteed onionr or shallots. I don't use garlic as I'm not keen but I do love onions, and if you have spring onions they can be chopped and added, or parsley, too, plus any seasonings and herbs you fancy.
    Glad you love your life in Devon. I've lived in the county for more years than I care to admit, we moved here with my parents when I was a child.
    Margaret P
    www.margaretpowling.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been lovely and sunny here in Yorkshire too today, though it's been very cold still. I must admit that I don't envy those who have children who are home schooling at the moment, it must take it out of you day after day. As for lunches, how about things like baked beans on toast, eggs are good for lunches, or toasted sandwiches as a change for normal ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The home schooling can certainly be hard going at times, and unfortunately, I think it is more likely to be Easter before schools reopen. The positive, like the first lockdown, is having all that time together to, on the whole!, enjoy each others company. I have made a mental note of your lunch ideas - it almost feels like I need a different lunch every day. Its like running a cafe here at times!

      Delete
  3. The home learning is hard isn't it. The peppers look really good though, you have reminded me that I used to make some from one of Delia's recipes. My eldest is in the first year of A levels as well. Hard to do it all at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree CJ and its a big jump from year 11 to 12. Writing assignments is new and is easier when the teacher is on hand to give guidance. Also D says they would normally discuss topics and come up with ideas as a group etc which she misses. Shes already joking that she might leave school and have never sat an exam!

    ReplyDelete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...