Sunday, January 24, 2021

 The Start Of A New Blog


Well, having spent many years following other peoples blogs I have decided to have a go at writing one myself.  I am a full time Mum of four Daughters - S 20, D 16, K 12 and L who is 10.  I have been living in Devon for the last 16 years with my lovely Hubby of 30 years, M.  Up until the first lockdown I was working part time but then I lost my lovely Mum to cancer last May and that has been very hard to come to terms with.  I took the decision to give up work and concentrate on my family for the moment until I feel stronger.  My Dad is managing very well but he lives 100 miles away and with lockdown and all the various rules we have had I have only been able to see him sporadically since last summer which isn't easy. With more time on my hands I thought this would be the perfect time to start a blog and record memories of life with my family.  I have to confess my computer skills are very limited so the technical side of things has been done by Daughter K!.  Hopefully, as time goes on my skills will improve.  My blog will be a mix of all things connected to family life - cooking, crafts, walks, holidays etc

6 comments:

  1. Well done on starting your blog! I started mine in August 2016 and I love writing it, it's such a fun thing to do and lovely when you get feed back. I've learned so much from the readers who have commented, too, in all corners of the world. May you enjoy writing your blog for a long time to come.
    Margaret P
    www.margaretpowling.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to add that I was sorry to hear of the death of your mother, a very sad time, especially in lockdown when you can't visit your Dad. Also, I find the techie side of a blog difficult, but if I can do it (aged 76) then so can you, dear lady. Best of luck,
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've spent so many years following blogs, hiding in the shadows, only just beginning to comment , that I just felt with more time on my hands I had to take the plunge. I just hope I can come up with enough interesting things to write about! It was incredibly hard losing my Mum, and I think about her every day, but I have my girls to keep me busy and to stop me dwelling on it all too much. Emma

      Delete
  3. It's lovely to "meet" you, Emma. Well done for pressing publish and joining the blogisphere.
    I'm very sorry to hear about the recent loss of your Mum, it does get easier, I promise. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found your blog and I hope we can become online friends. I’m having trouble finding how to follow you. I, too are thinking about blogging. It has certainly been a comforting thing, especially the last year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. It's always nice to find a new blog. I also have a daughter who is about to turn 12 next week. We are planning to make a chocolate cake with pink frosting!

    ReplyDelete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...