Friday, March 5, 2021

 Happy 21st Birthday S!

Today is my eldest Daughters 21st birthday - where on earth have all those years gone.  It feels like only yesterday we brought her home from hospital in her little red car seat! Sadly, due to lockdown, we are unable to spend the day with her but we have facetimed her twice - first thing for card and present opening and then early afternoon to sing Happy Birthday while she blew out the candles on her cake.  I had a couple of presents sent to her direct and ordered some flowers from Next to be delivered and then everything else we shall keep here for when she is allowed to visit. She has been out for a walk and a coffee with her friend that she lives with, also a student midwife, and later they are getting a chinese take away and taking part in a zoom quiz. Not the ideal way to celebrate but doing the best you can at the moment.  She is going to have a barbecue party at home in the summer with all her friends.





This is a picture of my morning coffee.  Two years ago, when we last went to France, I bought a Dolce Gusto coffee machine at a bargain price.  It really has been the best thing I have bought and has been a godsend over the last year in lockdown.  At around 11 on weekday mornings Daughter L will announce it is elevenses and either her or Daughter K will go and make me a cappuccino! My Mother-in-Law is brilliant at Christmas shopping.  We each get a big gift bag full of lovely goodies - not expensive as she lives off a state pension - but really thoughtful gifts and one of mine last year was a coffee set.  It had three different jars of sprinkles in it together with a metal stencil.  I was absolutely over the moon with it.

    

We have been into our local town this afternoon for a few groceries that I couldn't get in my weekly Aldi shop and managed to pick up a piece of vinyl for our en suite, so a good day.


Lastly, a picture of the pudding K made for us all tonight, a meringue nest with cream and fruit.



Tonight will be gogglebox and a glass of fizz.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm! Coffee! It must be time for me to have another by now :)
    Birthday wishes to your daughter. It's such a shame you can't see each other just now but a summer party will be something to look forward to at least. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That coffee machine has been such a blessing this last year. Just to sit and have a break from the schooling with a nice coffee. Of course next week I will have to make my own!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to your daughter. I love the idea of a summer party when you can all be together and celebrate properly - it extends her special day, too!
    That coffee is a work of art she says drinking instant coffee out of a Wilko mug! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - I told her she'll be like the Queen, having two birthdays! I only allow myself one posh coffee a day to keep it special, instant for the rest.

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...