Saturday, March 6, 2021

 Another Sunny Day


How lovely to wake up to another sunny, if slightly cold day.  The washing was out first thing - sad person that I am, I absolutely love seeing washing drying on the line outside.  Next was washing and hoovering out my car which was absolutely filthy.  After lunch me and the girls went for our usual walk around the village stopping off at the park.  Our mobile drinks van was there today so I had the treat of a cappuccino and the girls had a hot chocolate each.  It was lovely sat in the sunshine while they played and scootered.  It was quite busy with families and dog walkers but its a vast space so easy to keep your distance.

When we got back I tackled a pile of ironing whilst K and L made some red velvet cupcakes.  They both love baking so for Christmas I made them each up a little baking gift bag containing icing, sprinkles, cutters, mixes etc which they have been working through during this lockdown.



This is mine and Hubby's curry tonight, Jamie Oliver's butter chicken. It is very good, a bit of a kick but more fragrant than spicy.  We started our Saturday curry nights many years ago.  I'd just had eldest Daughter S and we had been relocated to Cornwall by the Bank Hubby was working for.  We had no family nearby to help out so suddenly every Saturday night was a night in! We would wait until she was asleep and then cook ourselves a nice curry and have a couple of glasses of wine and here we are 21 years later still doing it.  The only difference is that while at one time all children were in bed when we ate, now they are just in the other room!



Well its The Voice tonight - the girls choice more than mine - but I usually read my book and listen with one ear!

Have a good evening all.

3 comments:

  1. We've had some sunshine today, too - a lovely change from the dismal skies we've been subjected to all week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I have indeed read your comments over on my Wednesday blog post and thanks for your visit.
    I’ve just had a lovely read through your posts. You cook some great meals in your house. Jamie Oliver is a favourite of mine, especially his 5 book.
    Speaking of books, I like your choice of reading. You get through them a lot quicker than me though. I’ve just this morning finished Philip Schofield’s ‘Life’s what you make it’ and I can strongly recommend it. It’s funny, it’s insightful and what a nice guy. He writes as if he’s speaking to you. Loved it.
    Have a good week and thanks again for reading my blog and well done on writing yours, it’s good
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to have spells where I race through books and then it all slows down. I like Jamie's 5 book and I have his 7 ways book as well which I like equally as you don't need too many ingredients. I'm not at all technically minded so Daughter K set the blog up for me but it needs improvement, so that will be a job for eldest Daughter when she is allowed to visit us!

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...