Tuesday, March 23, 2021

 Yesterday, once I got back from walking L to school I gave our en suite bathroom a deep clean and moved all my toiletries back in.  It is now completely finished and ready to be used. Hubby has done a really good job and I'm really pleased with how it looks.

  After that I made a roasted tomato and vegetable sauce to be used as the base of our dinner that night which was spinach and ricotta stuffed pasta.  The hardest thing about this dish is sourcing the giant pasta shells! Obviously, Aldi where I do my weekly shop, don't stock them and surprisingly neither do Asda so it involves a special trip to Sainsburys.  This dish is from the Good Housekeeping Christmas collection, is really tasty, and everyone in the house likes it.  This recipe booklet is very good and I made a good half a dozen recipes from it over the Christmas period.

This morning D finished school at 11.00 so I picked her up and we went into town.  We both had clothing to return to Asda - it is such a pain not being able to try things on - and I had yet more library books to collect! We got drinks from Greggs and sat in a nice seating area we have in the town and watched the world go by.

We will finally see eldest Daughter S this weekend as she breaks up from University for the Easter break. We have not seen her since the very beginning of January so we are all really looking forward to seeing her.  There will be birthday presents for her to open from her birthday at the beginning of the month and champagne to be drunk for a belated celebration! The schools here seem to be finishing a week later than elsewhere in the country so her sisters don't break up until the 1st April but in a way that's not a bad thing as we can have a few days spending some quality time together.  I am so grateful that Universities are allowing students home for the Easter break otherwise it would have been May before we could see her.

Hubby has been feeling a bit under the weather today from having his covid vaccination and K has had a bit of an unsettled tummy so dinner tonight was a comforting fish pie with green vegetables.

I am still reading' Away with the Penguins' but have also been reading Kate Humbles  'A Year of Living Simply' alongside it which I finished whilst dinner was cooking. A simple enjoyable read.

Well that's it for now. We shall watch Unforgotten on catch up and then I think it will be an early night and hopefully everyone will be feeling back to normal tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely to visit with you in your patch, that filled pasta made my mouth water! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pasta looks delicious. Any 'fancy' shapes require a visit to Sainsbury's or Booths here as well :)
    Enjoy your daughter's visit. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see her - this is the longest we have been apart!

      Delete
  3. The end of Unfogotten was a bit of a shocker, wasn't it?
    Have you always had an en suite or is it something your husband has built? It sounds very decadent! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house was built with the en suite and its a bathroom as opposed to a shower room so I can really escape and have a soak!

      Delete
  4. I haven't had the giant pasta for many many years, now I want some! I'll go on the hunt for some when I've worked through the huge amount of pasta we already have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit fiddly stuffing it so it's not for a night when you need a meal on the table quickly!

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...