Thursday, March 25, 2021

 Yesterday was a bit of a day of chores - the house needed a good clean and I had ironing falling out of the basket so once I got back from walking L to school I just cracked on with it all.  I also dug out the meagre Easter decorations I have which I have arranged in our snug window.  The snug is off our kitchen and is actually intended as a breakfast room but it is not really big enough so instead we have a sofa in there and a small portable TV on the wall.  I spend a lot of time there reading and just enjoying quiet time.  The Easter jars were made about three years ago at one of the free children's craft workshops that Hobbycraft used to run pre covid.  I do hope that these resume in the not too distant future.  Not the best of photos - too much reflection.


After school, as it was sunny, we went to the park with one of L's friends, and her Mum, who I haven't had a good catch up with since before Christmas so a good time was had by all. Dinner was a sausage hotpot which D insisted on calling  grotty pot whilst I was cooking it and moaning and then cleared her plate! Honestly, children....

Today, Hubby and I went into town and had the treat of a coffee and bacon roll from Greggs.  Unfortunately, we had had a bit of early morning mizzle so benches were wet so we had to sit in the car with it but it was still a nice treat. When we got home Hubby shut himself in the dining room to get on with work calls and paperwork. I then had the excitement of a call from a woman in the village I know, who has recently set up as a childminder, asking if I would be interested in helping her out a couple of days a week from May.  I have said yes so now will have to dust off all my certificates for the qualifications I have. It will be a nice change to work with a small number of children as opposed to in a setting with 19 plus!. I have known the woman a number of years as we have children similar ages, and I like her, so I think it will work out well.

I'm on to a new book today by an author I really like so I don't think it will take me long to read.

Friday already tomorrow - it's scary how, even though we are not really doing much, how quickly the weeks are flicking by.



5 comments:

  1. Your chat with the childminder sounds very exciting. I wasn't sure what you did for a living. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked in a preschool for 10 years until last summer. I found it very hard when my Mum passed away and asked to reduce my hours which was declined so I left. Now I feel stronger this opportunity has come at the perfect time x

      Delete
    2. I'm so pleased for you. x

      Delete
  2. The child minding sounds like an exciting opportunity. I love those conversations when a little person tells you they want to be a Triceratops when they grow up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could write a book of all the funny things I've heard children say over the years! It will do me good to get back to work a couple of days of week.

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...