Monday, March 1, 2021

 I start a blog and then two weeks go past without a post.  What can I say - even in a lockdown situation my days seem to drift by quickly in a cloud of sameness.  We have really enjoyed the sun these last few days. We have been for longer walks, opened windows, dried washing outside for the first time in ages and mowed the lawn. It feels great to think that warmer longer days are on the way and gradually restrictions will be eased. 

I am on my last full week of home schooling. D has to go into school tomorrow morning for her first lateral flow test before she starts back next Monday. L will start back at primary school also next Monday but K will not start back until next Wednesday as they are having a staggered start so that they can cope with all the testing.  It will be strange to have them all back at school again after another three months of having them home.  Although generally a difficult last twelve months it has also been a special time for me to be able to spend so much time quietly as a family enjoying simple things together. I'm sure there will be tears as the girls settle back into their school routine but they need to be back with their friends and face to face teaching.



This afternoon we walked up to our bigger park area which apart from one dog walker was deserted.  I sat on a bench in the sunshine and enjoyed the lovely view out over the estuary.  I love the village I live in.  It is pretty with excellent facilities.  We have a shop, chemist/post office, two pubs, a hotel and a vineyard all of which we try to support.  When we moved two years ago we did briefly look at houses in our nearby town, Newton Abbot, but when it came down to it none of us felt we could leave the village.  Its a friendly place to live with lots going on so instead we moved from the rural outskirts down into the centre so that we could walk everywhere and make more use of what it has to offer.



I have also been busy over the last couple of weeks sorting presents for three lockdown birthdays - S is 21 on Friday, K is 13 next Wednesday and Hubby has his birthday next Thursday. Sadly we wont be able to see S for her special birthday due to lockdown and will have to make do with face time to sing happy birthday to her and watch her blow out her candles! K was very disappointed to find that she starts back to school on her birthday - she leaves the house just after 7.30 to catch her school bus - so will wait and open her presents when she gets home. I imagine it will be a fish and chips takeaway for dinner.

I am still busy working through my library books whenever I have a spare minute and once the girls are back at school I shall still make sure I go for a long daily walk as I have a few lockdown pounds to shift before the summer.

Well hopefully it wont be so long between posts again. Take care.


    

4 comments:

  1. It's not easy juggling everything at the same time as navigating a way through home learning. I thought it might be more difficult now that the weather is improving but we've benefitted from being able to have a break from the lap top screen and get outdoors. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy how busy the days seem to be even though there's not a lot going on. It's going to be a shock to be back on the hamster wheel of school, clubs etc!

      Delete
  2. It's a shame the warm weather and sunshine didn't last longer. We're back to cold and grey skies. I never want to have to homeschool again and that's coming from an ex-teacher (of adults)!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean with the home schooling - we finished today and I packed all our reference materials away and thought with any luck never again. My qualification is in early years education which is very different, obviously very much play based.

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...