Sunday, February 14, 2021

 I don't know where the rest of the week went - suddenly its Sunday!.  We have obviously still been cracking on with the home schooling in the mornings, usually manage to finish by early afternoon, then a walk around our village.  We've had to really push ourselves with going for our walk this week as it has been so bitterly cold.  

On Wednesday we had some more books to collect from the Library so we combined that trip with a bit of food shopping and a walk around our local town for a change. On Friday I met a friend for a walk who I haven't seen since before Christmas so it was lovely to have a good catch up.  

I've done a lot of reading over the last week or so.  The book by Sarah Moss was disappointing, it just didn't seem to have much substance so I skim read that over a couple of evenings but I'm really enjoying 'Saving Missy'.  



I've been wanting to make cheese scones for a couple of days but had run out of butter after K made plain scones and D made millionaires shortbread and then this morning I remembered Id printed out a recipe months ago for 3 ingredient cheese scones.  They just use self raising flour, grated cheese and natural yoghurt. D made them for lunch and they were delicious.  During lockdown the girls like to have a bit of a spread for lunch on a Sunday.  I have managed to eke out the last boxes of party food I bought for Christmas so today it was the cheese scones, crackers and a cheeseboard, sausage rolls (made by K)  some assorted vol a vents and kettle crisps. For dinner tonight I made a chicken and mushroom pie or it might have been turkey - I'm not very good at labelling before I put stuff in the freezer!

Well Dancing on Ice has almost finished so I will be able to reclaim the TV from youngest Daughter L, shortly.  I've got a bit behind with my viewing this week, I don't really know why, so tonight I want to watch Devon and Cornwall from Monday night.  Although its now half term we have to unfortunately be up early tomorrow as a chap is coming to do some plastering for us and the boiler is being serviced.  We shall leave Hubby overseeing all this and try and occupy ourselves for a few hours walking somewhere until its safe to come home.  The rest of the week we shall just take as it comes.















2 comments:

  1. Liking the sound of your three ingredient scones, I shall mentally file that away for future reference! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're really tasty - I wouldn't have rolled them as thin but my sister phoned while D was making them so she was left unsupervised!
    Its 300g sr flour, 150g grated cheddar and 250g plain yoghurt. You mix the flour and cheese together then just mix in the yoghurt to make a dough. Took about 15 mins at 200 c to cook x

    ReplyDelete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...