Tuesday, February 9, 2021

 The days seem to drift by quite quickly considering not much is happening.  On Saturday it was nice and sunny in the morning so after lunch we decided to travel a short distance to our nearest National Trust property and walk around the grounds.  The car park was nearly empty and we passed very few people whilst out.  It was a good job we packed wellies as it was very muddy and then about half way around our walk it started raining.  It was good to get out somewhere different but I seem to spend a lot of time trying to dry lots of coats where we keep getting caught in rain! 

On Sunday we skyped Hubby's sister who lives in Spain and had a catch up and then afterwards we skyped eldest Daughter.  She is in her last year of a midwifery degree and this last year is mostly spent on placement at several different hospitals.  She has been very busy as the lockdown baby boom is kicking in, and has delivered a lot of babies so far this term. She lives just outside Bath sharing a house with a friend who is also a midwifery student.  She is doing well but it is hard not knowing when we will be able to see her next.

The last couple of days have been bitterly cold but we have still broken up the home schooling by going out for a walk. I finished the second Celia Anderson book over the weekend - I can highly recommend both - and have now started this one. My pile of books to be read is slowly getting smaller!


Hubby has just got in from work.  He is busy refurbishing our en suite so I am sure the noise and mess will start shortly. Meanwhile, I shall go and make a start on dinner. K has guides on zoom at 6.30 so we need to be a bit more organised on Tuesday evenings!

6 comments:

  1. Hello!

    How are you finding the home schooling? I only do it one day a week but I dread it; this week was proper algebra! Aaaagh!

    I love Devon. My best friend of 55 years lives in Tiverton and I have a cousin I only recently discovered who lives in Paignton.

    Hope the weather's not too awful where you are - it's freezing here.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The home schooling has made me know I could never be a teacher! We moved to Devon 16 years ago with my Husbands job and we love it - we are about 6 miles from Paignton. It is bitterly cold here but no snow much to my daughters disappointment.

      Delete
  2. I'm also noticing that the time is flying by, I thought it would drag being in lockdown but I can't believe that we're in February already. How are you getting on with the dishcloth? It's a good little pattern for people who are new to following patterns, and being a dishcloth it doesn't matter if you make a few mistakes along the way, who's going to notice. February's pattern is a little more difficult as it's a lace pattern but I hope there's some more easier ones in the months ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've finished the dish cloth and it looks good even with the tiny error when I had gained a stitch for a couple of rows! I enjoyed doing it as it was quite straight forward. I havn't been able to find the pattern for the February one.

      Delete
  3. I can't believe how quickly time flies!
    I don't envy you the home schooling, I have no patience whatsoever. The book looks interesting. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My patience is not great sometimes, especially when I have lots of jobs to be getting on with, and shes fidgeting and not concentrating! The book is really good - I'm flying at the moment, this is my third book in about a week so the mountain of books I have in stock is getting smaller. Just got to stop myself buying any more or ordering any from the library.

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...