Friday, March 19, 2021

 Well yesterday was a long day. We dropped L off at school and then made the two hour journey up to Wiltshire, where we both come from, for P's funeral.  I'm glad we went and paid our respects and said goodbye.  We then called in and said hello to my Dad and Hubby's Mum, neither of whom we have seen since Christmas eve, so that was really nice.   We got home just before five, exhausted more I think from the emotional side of things.  The last time we were at that crematorium was for my Mum's funeral last year and before that for Hubby's Dad a couple of years before that.

I finished my day by having a couple of glasses of wine and watching Grace on catch up from the other night.  I really enjoyed it and hope they make more.

Today was overcast and more chilly than the last few days but I was still out in the garden early pegging out washing. I had library books to collect and return so that was a trip into town first thing and I called into Asda for a couple of things that I couldn't get in Aldi Monday night.

I came home and emptied out the utility room and steam cleaned the floors as poor Suzie is having a bit of incontinence in her old age. Although I have put a litter tray down for her it is all a bit hit or miss, literally.  This morning Hubby opened the door to a big puddle! In all honesty I don't think she will be with us much longer - as Daughter L put it this morning - she is fading. We will keep her life as comfortable as possible but she is approaching 20 and so I think we have to prepare ourselves.

This afternoon I met friend J for a walk and a coffee which was good.  She has seven children, so with my four we had plenty to catch up on!

Dinner tonight was a slimming world recipe which I have done before and the girls all enjoy.  It is a beef  stroganoff pasta bake and is easy to make so Daughter D made it mostly without help.  She is the least keen of the girls to cook but I am trying to ensure that Fridays she at least helps to cook dinner so she will be capable of cooking simple meals if she goes on to university.


Finally I am now reading this book, which I know a lot of bloggers I follow have read and so far I am enjoying it.  Tonight it will be Gogglebox and a glass of wine or two.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must feel wrung out. It would have been a day full of mixed emotions for you.
      It's never easy when a much loved family pet is reaching the end of their days but Suzie sounds comfortable and content and I'm sure you'll know when the time is right to say goodbye.
      I hope Gogglebox lifted your mood - it had me in stitches! X

      Delete
    2. I laughed all the way through Gogglebox and yet it's a programme I've only discovered since these lockdowns. Before that I watched the first of Kate Humbles new series on catch up which I enjoyed - very different viewing but made for a nice evening.

      Delete
    3. That sounds like a really tiring day but I'm glad you were able to see your Dad and mother-in-law after so long.
      Suzie is so loved and looks such a contented cat, when the time comes to say goodbye you should be so proud of what a wonderful live you've given her. xxx

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...