Thursday, March 18, 2021

 The last couple of days have been lovely and sunny down here in Devon.  Tuesday, after dropping L at school I met another Mum G, and we walked up to our park for a coffee and a catch up.  Her Daughter C has been friends  with K since pre-school and they go to the same school.  Her Daughter J is in the same class as L although she is a year 6 and L is a year 5.  Being a village school there are two year groups per class.  We had a good old chat about our families and a lovely coffee all sat in the sunshine.

When I got home I had the mad idea, whilst cleaning the kitchen, to also empty, clean and sort all the cupboards so that took the rest of the morning.

K decorated her cakes in her guides meeting - the theme being spring.




Wednesday I did a pile of ironing and sorted our clothes for a funeral that Hubby and I are going to..  It will be a four hour round trip so a tiring as well as emotional day for us.  P was the Mother of one of Hubby's best friends who died in a car crash when he was just 21 years old.  Hubby and a couple other of his friends have stayed in touch with P and F all these years and they have both been very good to us and our girls.  She was a lovely woman who will be very much missed.

In the afternoon we had our new vinyl laid in our en suite bathroom.  The door just needs a couple of coats of paint and then the room will be finished.  It is looking much better.  Next Hubby will be decorating our bedroom which is pretty grim.  When we bought this house it had been rented out for twenty years and not a penny spent on it in all that time so it's been a project.  We are about two thirds done at the moment.


This was dinner tonight, pasta with peppers, garlic, mushrooms and asparagus. By chance I had cream and mushrooms that needed using up and I had picked us some reduced asparagus in Aldi on Monday night, so it was meant to be. It was delicious and definately one to have again.


6 comments:

  1. How lovely to meet up with a friend, it's been the perfect weather this week to sit outdoors and have a chat. I'm sorry to hear about the bereavement, it's a trying time in usual circumstances but even more so at the moment with so many restrictions in place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - it was a long day today but I'm glad we went and paid our respects and said goodbye.
      I'm meeting another friend tomorrow so I hope it's another sunny day.

      Delete
  2. Good coffee, sunshine and a chat with a friend sounds like just the tonic. It's these simple things that have meant so much recently.
    I'm so sorry to read of your recent bereavement. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a brilliant tonic - I am meeting another friend this afternoon but unfortunately it is overcast and a bit chilly down here in Devon today so I shall need to wrap up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about your husband's late friend's mum, how lovely that they stayed in touch.
    I hope you had a lovely relaxing day. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby and two friends have stayed in touch all these years. They were a lovely couple, very easy and fun people to be around so she will be very missed.
      Today I met a friend and we sat on a bench and had a coffee but there has been no sunshine in Devon today so it was a bit chilly.

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...