Saturday, April 10, 2021

 Yesterday afternoon we decided to get out for a walk somewhere other than our village. We decided on Bakers Park which is just the other side of Newton Abbot, about 4 miles from us.  The park leads into Bradley Woods which is National Trust land and there is a National Trust house Bradley Manor which we have visited a few times in the past but which is currently closed.  There is a river running through so there lots of stepping stones to mess about on and fallen tree trunks to climb along.  We then climbed up into the woods and the girls were delighted to find that someone had fixed up a rope swing to play on.  It was lovely couple of hours of fresh air and exercise.  

                              

For dinner I made falafels which we had in pittas with salad and raita drizzled over.  Unfortunately, I forgot all about taking a photo until we had finished them! This is something I make regularly as everyone likes them and we always have the ingredients to hand.

Today is my Dads 81st Birthday.  I rang him this morning and Daughter S was picking up my Sister and Brother in Law to have a picnic lunch with him.  Luckily he has a sheltered south facing front garden to sit in!

Well that's it, not much going on. Tonight me and Hubby will cook ourselves a curry and have a couple of glasses of wine.

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday to your dad!
    I'm a big kid when it comes to jumping across stepping stones and climbing up fallen trees, Jon rolls his eyes when we're at National trust properties and I start running around like a kid! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have just had a lovely few days visiting my Dad. National Trust grounds are just the perfect places for fallen trees etc to play on. We have a couple a bit further afield that we may venture to over the next couple of months.

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...