Thursday, April 8, 2021

 Yesterday morning I rang my Dad to check he was ok and to have a catch up, not that anyone is doing much!. We are going up to see him for a few days next week - we've managed to find some self contained accommodation and I'm hoping the weather will warm up a bit so we can take him out each day for a walk and a coffee.  He never complains but he spends days where he talks to no-one. I shall be so glad when restrictions are lifted and we can regularly go up and stay and take him out for dinner. 

 I also rang my Sister as she and my Brother-in-law had a bit of a disastrous Easter weekend.  My sister had a hip replacement last November and made a really good recovery from it, however, Thursday night, she twisted awkwardly and dislocated the new hip. They had to call an ambulance and she was in hospital for 2 nights while they sorted it out under an epidural.  A couple of weeks ago my Brother in law fell whilst out running and landed heavily on his shoulder. He had it x rayed and was told everything was fine. Last week they called him back for another one and told him it was actually fractured so he was in hospital 7.00am Tuesday morning having an operation to pin it. He came out today with a shoulder brace for 2 weeks, signed off work for 4 and obviously no driving. They are a right pair, there is always something going on. She messaged me this afternoon to say she had walked into town and bought a shopping trolley!

This morning we had lovely walk around Decoy Country Park, which I showed you a few weeks ago.  The play area was very busy so we avoided that and took a route up through the woods. 








This afternoon I went to F, the childminders, house for her to scan all my certificates and complete a DBS check ready for when I start working for her next month. All very exciting and a bit nerve racking after a year not working, but it will be fine once I get going.

Dinner tonight was homemade pizzas with some salad.  I always make the dough for the bases in my bread maker using half and half brown and white flour and it comes out perfectly.

Tonight I am going to have a couple of glasses of wine whilst watching Midsomer Murders. I can't believe it's almost the end of the first week of the holidays.

Sorry my photos are all the place - K was busy and couldn't sort me out!

5 comments:

  1. Have a nice party drinking wine while watching Midsomer Murders. Hope it will be a fun event. Speaking of time, day after day seemed to change quickly, and now is the first week in April.

    Have a nice week!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family will be looking forward to seeing you. I hope your sister and brother-in-law recover quickly. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be lovely to catch up with them after all these months. I hope the weather warms up as my Sisters back garden is north facing and at Christmas when we visited it was very very cold sat out there.

      Delete
  3. Your poor sister and bro-in-law! I had a hip replacement when I was 39 and was so terrified of falling and dislocating it that I didn't drink for 10 months! Healing wishes to the pair of them.
    I bet you can't wait to get away and meet up with your dad! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has scared my Sister a bit in case something happens again when she is on her own. It will be great to see them all next week and have a proper face to face conversation rather than making do with texts and phone calls.

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...