Tuesday, April 6, 2021

 Monday started slowly. Eldest Daughter S had to return to university which was sad but at least this time it won't be three months till we next see her! After she had left we went into town as I wanted to go to Wilko to get some bits for the garden. I got some chinese lanterns to go in a spare pot I have and some nasturtium seeds which I have planted in a seed tray and are sat in the utility room.  Both these plants I remember seeing a lot as a child but not much nowadays so I am looking forward to their lovely bright colour this summer - hopefully. We spent the afternoon in the garden moving a few plants and weeding in our fruit garden which was back breaking but it looks so much better now.




Today has been much much colder than of late.  This morning we had a walk around the village as I had a birthday card to post and then this afternoon a good friend called round for a coffee.  Her youngest Daughter S and D are very good friends so they went off for a walk whilst K and I sat in the back garden with our big coats on zipped right up! It was ok but I shall be glad when everything's more civilised and we can just sit inside.  It was really good, however, to have some adult company and we had a good catch up on the last couple of months.

Dinner tonight was a new dish out of one of Jamie Olivers book called golden parmesan fish bake. It looks a bit beige but it was delicious and one  to make again although D (the fussy one) scraped all the sauce off her piece of fish and stuck it in a bread roll! Honestly, I despair.



Onto another new book. The Thursday Murder Club was brilliant and I really raced through it. Next is a Joanna Trollope book which from the blurb sounds equally good.



6 comments:

  1. I remember having nasturtiums in the garden when I was a child. Am I right in thinking they are edible?
    Wilko's always appear to have some great items in stock. I wish there was one near here. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm sure people put the leaves in salads not that we will be trying that! Wilko is brilliant for garden stuff - I have bought a lot of bulbs at a good price. We also have Morrisons just down the road and their plants are also really well priced. I got all my fruit bushes there a couple of years ago.

      Delete
  2. I too remember nasturtiums as a child. How lovely, I hope they do well. I had to laugh at D scraping off the sauce and putting it in a bread roll. That's the kind of thing Tom does and I despair too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was a nightmare with food until she was about 8 - she's a lot better now but we still have the odd moment!
      I hope my seeds grow as they will add such a lot of colour to the garden.

      Delete
  3. My love of nasturtiums comes from holidays in Greece where they're always tumbling out of rusty olive oil cans. We planted the Empress of India variety last Spring and they flowered until November!
    Isn't it lovely to be able to have friends round to the garden? It makes me glad we stuck by the rules as it's made it even more exciting having to wait! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope I'm successful with my nasturtiums. It was very cold sat outside with my friend - might need to invest in a fire pit!

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...