Thursday, April 22, 2021

 Well what a difference a day makes. Yesterday morning, Daughter S and I went into Newton Abbot to pick up some library books K and L had ordered and get some bits of shopping. The sun was shining so we decided to have a coffee sat outside one of the cafes that were open. It was lovely, and, for the first time this year, I had a coffee out served in a proper cup and saucer as opposed to a paper cup! It was so nice sat in the sunshine.

Today, we went to our nearby town, Teignmouth, to have a walk along the seafront, and is was so so cold. There was nobody sat outside having coffee and everyone was wrapped up in winter coats. The waves were huge but there were still a few brave souls out with paddle boards and surf boards.

  Of all things, yesterday afternoon, I packed my winter clothes away and put my summer ones in my wardrobe, so it's all my fault.



It did warm up this afternoon so when we dropped Daughter L off for her tutoring lesson, we went and had a walk around Bakers park and Bradley Woods.



Of all things, yesterday, Daughter S had a hospital appointment booked for the afternoon which was one of  her reason for coming home for a couple of days. They rang her just after 9 to cancel and it's now rebooked for next Wednesday! 

Well a short post as nothing much seems to be happening to write about. I have a feeling our BBQ with my Sister and Brother in Law tomorrow will be a cold affair as when I checked the forecast it said it was going to be very windy.  I shall have to dig my big winter coat back out.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Are you able to install a "follow" option so I can keep up with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a big technical ask for someone like me but hopefully Daughter K has managed it! It was lovely looking back over some of your photos of 'home'. We have a lot of family all still in Trowbridge so, until covid, visit regularly.

      Delete
  2. Wednesday was a bit of a blip, wasn't it? I'm back in my bikini today! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday was still cold so I had to dig out a jumper to wear and our BBQ was a very cold affair. It's sunny today but very windy.

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...