Monday, May 3, 2021

 Very disappointingly we did not get the promised sunshine yesterday. It was dull and overcast and we had rain in the afternoon.  D needed to be dropped off at a friends in Teignmouth after lunch so we decided to have a walk. 


          



               

 We had just set off when it started raining. Luckily we were walking down through some lovely ornate gardens with plenty of overhanging trees so we were able to shelter from the worst of it. The gardens are so pretty with little bridges and lovely planting. By the time we reached the seafront the rain had stopped and it had brightened up' so first stop was a little cafe we like called 'The Cherry on The Top' for two ice creams and two cappucinos. We managed to find a dryish bench up on the seafront and sat a while just enjoying the view. Surprisingly, I'm guessing due to the weather, there didn't seem to be many holidaymakers about, in fact it all seemed pretty quiet.  We walked to the end of the front to the point carpark and down onto what is known as back beach as we have had a resident seal living on the beach for a few weeks.  Unfortunately he must have gone for a swim because he wasn't there.

In the evening Hubby cooked a BBQ which was yummy and then we settled down to watch the final Line of Duty.  I'm not sure about the ending - I just don't see Buckles being H, he's just too wet!

This morning I had a text from Daughter S first thing to say she had just delivered baby number 37. She needs to have delivered 40 babies ideally to qualify and as her last placement that she is currently on is clinic based she is on call with a couple of hospitals to get her last few deliveries.

Today has been wet and windy so we have not done a lot except read and watch tv.  I am onto another book - The Godmothers was very good - which I am already halfway through. Well that is that - I am going to spend the evening quietly reading and making sure everyone has everything ready for school tomorrow.


5 comments:

  1. It was the opposite here, rain was forecast for sunday afternoon and it was nice enough to sunbathe! That looks like a lovely walk, thank goodness for places to shelter.
    I enjoyed Line of Duty's ending, although I'm going to have the entire ten years of programmes all over again and watch DS Ian Buckells like a hawk. I rather enjoyed Ted's comment "Your corruption was mistaken for incompetence", I wonder who Jed Mercurio was really thinking of when he wrote those lines?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I envy you your sunbathing, we managed to sit outside for about 15 minutes! I think with Line of Duty it's all very cleverly done and you really have to look out for all the tiny details in every series. Trouble is if more than a year has gone by I've forgotten everything!

      Delete
  2. Here in the midlands we had torrential rain and wind all day - typical Bank Holiday! A shame as my eldest son, DIL and 2 granddaughters had a day at Alton Towers in the rain!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the weather was a disappointment and a shame if you've booked places to go after all these months of being at home. Typically, it's sunny today.

      Delete
  3. I don't know The Violet Trail, Emma! It looks lovely. I wonder how you get to it? We don't know Teignmouth well, only the sea front and the main shopping area.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...