Saturday, June 12, 2021

 Well this week has absolutely whizzed by.  There was endless washing from our holiday and all the usual housework.

Monday K and L had an inset day so we met some friends at the beach. We had a really lovely few hours. K and C are best friends and C's sister J is a year older than L but they are in the same class at school. All four of them get on really well together so once we get into good weather we meet up every week at the beach. We have been doing this for the last four or five years but I think this is the last year that K and C will want to as they are 13 now. We left the beach, collecting D from a friends house on the way, dashed into home for L to wash the sand off her, and then she went on to gymnastics!

Tuesday I worked. Wednesday, first thing, Hubby and I went out for a coffee and then I did more washing and tackled the overflowing pile of ironing. I have also been trying to get outside every day for an hour tidying up the borders around our patio area.

Thursday I worked in the morning and then after lunch Hubby and I went to B & Q to buy three lavender plants and some campanula plants for the borders I have cleared.

Friday, D didn't have to at school until 11.30 so we went into Newton Abbot. I took some more books back to the library. There are just three left to read and D dragged me out before I could get tempted by anything. Once those three are read I am starting on the pile of ones I have bought over the last year. After the library we went and got some breakfast which was very yummy and had a look in a couple of shops. After I had dropped her at school I came home and tackled yet more ironing and gave the house a tidy ready for the weekend.

This morning we went to Morrisons and bought a tray of 20 geraniums, 2 trays of lobelia, 2 trailing fuchsia, 4 bush fuchsia and a tray of mixed plants for patios. This set us back the grand sum of £14 which is amazing value. Late morning, as the weather was so glorious, we packed up a picnic and the beach bag and went to the beach at Meadfoot. We had a lovely few hours relaxing while K and L swam in the sea and finished off with an ice cream. D didn't come with us as she was working in our village hairdressers. We got home late afternoon and then spent a pleasant hour in the garden pottering with our new plants.  They are all in and looking good. For dinner we had Jamie Olivers butter chicken which was really simple to make and very tasty.


I am still reading a lot although I have forgotten lately to mention what book I am reading.  I did take a couple of the books my sister gave me to Cornwall but I didn't like either of them. Luckily, I had also taken a library book with me. Currently, I am reading The Way Back by Jamie Fewery which is good.

                                  

Tomorrow, I need to take K and L to sort out their Fathers Day presents and then I intend to spend the afternoon in the garden.  A Barbecue has been requested for dinner tomorrow night so that will by Hubby's department!



10 comments:

  1. Look at those gorgeous blue skies!
    Mozzas do some great plants, don't they? The ladies who work there have taken a shine to Jon and are always slipping him freebies if he buys anything!
    I'm itching to get outside today, I'm off to slather myself in factor 30 right now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weather has been absolutely glorious. We have still been pottering in the garden but both our green bins are full now so having a breather until Wednesday when they are emptied. I think lockdown has made everyone appreciate and care more for their gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those flowers will add plenty of colour the garden. I've always found Morrison's plants to be really good.
    I hope you enjoyed your barbecue. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sell really good plants and so much cheaper than a garden centre. The barbecue was lovely - we are meant to be having one this Sunday lunch time when we go and visit my Dad but the forecast is looking a bit off at the moment.

      Delete
  4. You certainly have been having a busy time! But what glorious weather we've been having, which energizes us, I'm sure. And those plants sound good value - we need a few extra plants to plug some gaps, just some summer bedding until we divide up plants in the autumn and perhaps fill gaps with those, or even re-evaluate what's there, what can be disposed of and what new ones we want to plant. Hope this fine weather continues although it means watering the garden evening, but that's only a minor chore when it's filled with lovely flowers. And, for once, the ironing is up-to-date!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life seems to have got a lot busier with the girls back at school, clubs restarting and working a couple of days a week. After a year of a slow life it's a shock to the system. Really enjoying pottering in the garden in this sunshine. Can really recommend bedding plants from Morrisons - we bought ours their last year as well and they are such good value.

      Delete
  5. What a busy week you had. I hope your barbecue went really well. I love Morrisons for plants too, such good quality and value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shock to the system to be back into full on school/work mode after all these slow paced months. The weeks are just whizzing by. The barbecue was lovely - we were hoping to have one on Fathers Day but the forecast is dire so might have to do it Saturday night instead!

      Delete
  6. Oh to swim in the sea! Lovely pics. I always overlook Morrisons plants. Must make a point of visiting our local store. We’re working outside on Father’s Day for our sins so hoping the weather forecast is wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girls all love to swim in the sea, me less so, I'm more of a paddler! Fingers crossed for the weather - we are carrying on with our bbq plans, Hubby may just be cooking under an ambrella!

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...