Wednesday, September 8, 2021

 Well we are back in the routine of school and work!

K and L went back yesterday and D goes back tomorrow. I went back to work yesterday after a couple of weeks break and boy was it hard waking up at 6.30.

On Saturday afternoon we decided to have a look around the charity shops in St Marychurch and Wellswood. There was nothing exciting on the clothing rails but I did manage to get four very nice Marks & Spencer soup bowls. When I got home I decided I wanted them to live in one of my glass fronted kitchen wall cupboards so that lead to me emptying it out, washing the shelves and then getting rid of a few bits to make room!

On Sunday we walked down to our Village Hotel for Sunday lunch as a belated birthday celebration. We were meant to be in the Lake District for my Birthday travelling back on the Saturday so we had booked lunch on the Sunday as we could all be together. Due to Covid the holiday had to be cancelled but we decided to leave our meal out plans as they were. The lunch was really good and it was especially nice not having the work of cooking a roast myself. When we got home S left to travel back to Bath ready to start her new job the following day, D went over to her boyfriends, and so as the sun had come out we decided to squeeze in one last trip to the beach before school started back. We had a very very pleasant couple of hours sat on the beach while the girls swam in the sea and finished off with ice creams.

Monday morning the girls wanted to go into town for a couple of last minute school bits and we had drinks and toasted teacakes out. We then came home and I got on with jobs while the girls packed school bags and got uniform out ready. 

                           

Tuesday we were up early getting ourselves ready for work and school. K's day didn't get off to a good start as her school bus broke down about five miles from us so all the children from our village that get it were hanging around for half an hour or so and consequently late on their first day back. Hubby walks L down to school on a Tuesday when I work as I start at 8.00 , and then she just walks home by herself. I cannot believe she is now a year 6 starting her last year of primary school. My little baby has grown up! Anyway they both had good first days back so that's always good. 

I started off today with a bit of pampering by having a cut and finish at our village hairdressers which was lovely. When I got back D was up and dressed so after getting a couple of food items in our nearby Morrisons we came back to Jacks Patch, our village garden centre, and had a coffee. After that I came home and just got on with a whole lot of jobs that needed doing. 

We have a village festival starting tomorrow so we shall be busy with that over the next few days. It is held on our village green just over the road from the primary school so they will spend a lot of time over there tomorrow and Friday doing different workshops. There is a play Friday night and live music Saturday night with a bar and different food outlets available. During the day Saturday there are stalls, a dog show, activities to take part in etc so we shall spend most of the day down there I expect.

That it is for now, back soon.

7 comments:

  1. Doesn't it make you feel better to get your hair done professionally? No matter how well I style my hair, having it done by my hairdresser is 100% better and worth every penny (or should that be £?)
    I've not been to Jack's Patch in ages, we tend now to go to the more-local Otter Garden Centre in Moles Lane (lovely name for a garden centre, especially one called Otter, isn't it?)
    Thinking of going to the Valley View Cafe on Friday at Loddiswell, if the weather is nice (for my birthday) just for a light lunch, but if the weather is bad, we will stop at home and have fish from the freezer! Or, if we don't feel like the drive to Loddiswell (the garden centre, Avon Mill, is lovely if you've not been there, Emma) we will just have a takeaway fish & chips from Hanbury's and eat them on Babbacombe Downs.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to the Moles Lane garden centre so I shall remember that as somewhere for a look around during the winter. We did, however, as it's somewhere you used to show pictures of visiting regularly, go to Avon Mill garden centre last December and thought it was lovely.
      Happy Birthday for tomorrow and I hope you have a lovely day whatever you decide to do.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Emma. Husband and I have woken up in the early hours and are having a cup of tea as we speak! It's now 1.28am and I'm just an hour or so into my birthday! Thank you for your good wishes. I have already received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from very kind friends and there are cards and other presents to open "in the morning" as I don't consider it morning quite yet. Thank you for your good wishes.
      Margaret P
      www.margaretpowling.com

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday to you! I'm so happy (and a bit envious)that you visited Westbuty pottery and chose some lovely things. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou and yes the pottery is lovely. I haven't commented yet but it looks like you had a brilliant few days at the festival - life will seem a bit dull for you now for a few days I expect.

      Delete
  3. I'm usually ready to get back to a routine after the summer break. This year, not so much :)
    Enjoy the festival! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how quickly the six weeks went by and I can't say I feel ready to be heading towards the end of another year.

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...