Friday, September 3, 2021


 Happy Birthday To Me!!

Today is my Birthday and, although I detest getting older, I have a lovely day with Hubby and our girls.  As the sun was shining we went to Broadsands beach for the day which is just along from Paignton. It's a favourite beach with us as it has a big car park, somewhere to get a drink and an ice cream and nothing else. The girls all went swimming and we cooked burgers for lunch followed by a slice of coffee and walnut cake. We've had fish and chips for dinner. We were meant to be in the Lake District this week so as we were not due back till late tomorrow we have a table booked for Sunday lunch at our village Hotel. We decided to stick with this even though we are now not away after all.

I had some lovely presents. From my Sister I had some toiletries and a lovely crystal angel which is already hanging from the window in front of me as I type this. From youngest Daughter L I had chocolate, pink fizz (which is going to be opened when I finish this post!) a new bath puff, a face mask and an air freshener for my car. From K I had some perfume and a gift card for Next which will be spent in the next couple of days as I've already seen a top in there I like. From D I had a hot cloth cleanser and some shower gel and from S the new Jamie Oliver cookbook which although was released yesterday and pre-ordered from amazon weeks ago has been delayed. Hubby excelled himself. Recently Vix on her blog showed some pottery they had purchased which included a utensil drainer. The pottery is from Westbury Pottery and I was born and grew up about 3 miles away. Anyway on Wednesday Hubby and S went up to Wiltshire to look at some flats for when S's current rental comes to an end and they went to the pottery and he bought me the utensil drainer and a storage jar for pasta! It is absolutely beautiful and I was so surprised to find that, yes, he does listen to what I rabbit on about sometimes!

The rest of the last week has been pretty quiet. K came out of isolation Wednesday so we went for a walk at Decoy Country Park in Newton Abbot. The council have just spent a fortune completely refurbishing the play park and they have done a brilliant job. We walked all around the lake, then got ice creams and they had a play in the park.

Yesterday we went to National Trust parkland in Bovey Tracey called Parke for a nice long walk. We finished up in the town and visited The Jolly Roger which is a company that makes life size resin and fibre glass models and characters for advertising etc. You can go in and walk around for free and outside they have a big courtyard with nice seating where I had a coffee and the girls had ice creams. We then walked across to the playpark and had a picnic lunch and a play and then walked all the way back to the car. It was a lovely few hours.

Well, the pink fizz is calling so back in a few days.

14 comments:

  1. A bit late, but Happy Birthday, Emma! You sounded to have had a lovely day, and it was certainly beach weather this afternoon. We went to visit younger son, and it really became quite hot.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Margaret and yes I had a lovely day. It started a bit overcast, but I really wanted to spend the day on the beach, and luckily by lunchtime the sun had come out.

      Delete
    2. It is also my birthday this week, Emma, so we're both Virgoans! Cards and presents have been arriving by each post, which is lovely. Not exciting as when we were both children, but still lovely to be remembered, isn't it? You had some lovely presents, dear lady.
      Margaret P

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday!!! What beautiful presents you got!!! Enjoy the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many Happy Returns of the Day! I hope you've spent the weekend on a cloud and been properly pampered. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - I have had a lovely few days finishing with Sunday lunch out today x

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday too you! Love that Westbury Pottery, and the chocolate... and the pink fizz ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - yes I had some lovely presents. My Dad gave me money so I must confess I have ordered a spaghetti jar from Whitehorse Pottery in Westbury!

      Delete
  5. Belated Birthday wishes! It sounds like you enjoyed a lovely day.
    I hope K is feeling much better now. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I had a lovely day.
      K was lucky and just had a bit of a sore throat, it was the isolating in her bedroom all those days she found really hard. Touch wood we're clear here now for a while.

      Delete
  6. Wishing you a happy belated birthday. How funny that we were both born on exactly the same day, I've come across people with my birthday before but not the same age too. I'm glad you had a good day, you received lots of lovely gifts, I love the pottery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - I don't think I've even come across someone with the same birthday as me let alone born the same year. Like you I find it's scary how the years are whizzing by, try not to think about it!

      Delete
  7. A belated Happy Birthday! Nice pottery. Love National Trust parkland walks. X

    ReplyDelete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...