Sunday, December 5, 2021



 Well it's been a busy week of Christmas preparations. I now have all the girls presents bar one and they are all wrapped and hidden away. I have a couple of bits to get for my Dad and Mother in Law and then they are finished. We are going up to Wiltshire this coming weekend and I am planning on taking their presents and those for my Sister and her Husband just in case there are any last minute restrictions on travel etc due to this new covid variant.

K has made two batches of sausage rolls this morning for the freezer for Christmas and she will also make a couple of batches of Delia Smiths vegetarian ones. I have lots of bits of food stashed away in cupboards and in the freezer but I need to sit down and roughly plan the meals we are going to have and see what else is needed and what fresh bits we will need nearer the time.

L's classmates should all be back at school tomorrow after having to isolate as they had covid but as so many children have been off,  the school has decided to postpone their Christmas production as their is not enough time left for rehearsals etc.  She was also meant to be going up to Exeter this coming Friday with the school to the theatre but the decision has been made to cancel this as well. 

I will be back to work this Tuesday which will be a shock to the system after two weeks off but it will only be for two weeks and then it will be the Christmas holidays. It's a busy week this week as we are finally having new carpet fitted in our living room and hall, stairs and landing. Husband has not quite finished decorating the living room so he will be flat out tomorrow and Tuesday! Once that is all done we will be able to put up our Christmas tree and generally decorate for Christmas.

Yesterday we had a lovely day out down in Plymouth visiting Saltram House which is owned by The National Trust. They always decorate the downstairs to a theme and this year it was The Nutcracker. It all looked amazing and it was lovely to be able to visit again. Last year the house was closed so we had to make do with just walking all around the grounds. Afterwards we had a hot drink in the cafe and then came on home. We usually got to Killerton House near Exeter as well but they are not taking part this year.

Hopefully back later in the week.  


8 comments:

  1. We always make Delia's vegetarian sausage rolls, they are just so delicious!
    Saltram House looks lovely - thanks for sharing the photos.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was you mentioning them last Christmas that made us make them then and they are lovely - better than meat ones in my opinion.

      Delete
  2. I wish I was even half as organised as you are. Saltram House looks beautiful decorated for Christmas. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a virgo so it's in my make up! Christmas is probably the only time when I think I shouldn't have had so many children! Saltram was lovely, so many decorations and twinkly lights x

      Delete
  3. Saltram House looks fabulous. Isn't it wonderful to visit somewhere beautiful and escape the rampant consumerism? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely and they do such a good job of decorating it for Christmas. There is a lovely long riverside and woodland walk you can do taking you in a loop around the house but it was cold and showery on Saturday so we gave it a miss this time.

      Delete
  4. Not sure how I "lost" you from my Feedly but thanks for commenting at mine, so glad to have you back.

    The decorations at Saltram House look wonderful, lovely trip out. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day out and nice to be able to do one of our Christmas traditions

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...