Wednesday, March 10, 2021

 Happy 13th Birthday K


Today is Daughter K's 13th birthday, another teenager in the house!  There wasn't time to do presents before she left to catch her school bus so we did them when she got in this afternoon, with big sister S joining us on facetime.  She had lots of craft bits and a trolley to store it all in as well as a couple of books and some clothing. We also enjoyed a slice of Jaspur birthday cake.  Tonight we are having the treat of fish and chips so a night off cooking for me.



K was my biggest baby at 8lb 6oz and was due on Hubby's birthday, the 11th.  I was big early on in the pregnancy and always felt uncomfortable then a few days before my due date it was realised that she was breech.  I was booked in for a section, which I requested to be the 10th so they would have different birthdays.  They then had a go at turning her which wasn't pleasant and had no affect except a couple of days later I went into labour. It was a busy day, with D going to a birthday party, and although I had niggles all day I think I was just so focused on my booked section I missed the signs until that evening, whilst watching Midsomer Murders, my waters burst.  I have never moved so quickly in all my life! We  had to get some friends to come and stay with S and D and then shot off to the hospital.  How I didn't give birth in the car I will never know!  I arrived at the hospital at about 11.40 ready to push, but was advised to continue with the section, so had to be prepped and sign the consent forms.  She was born at 4 minutes past midnight.  Hubby was in shock all the way through it!



2 comments:

  1. Belated Birthday wishes to K! The Jaspur cake looks fab. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - the cake was lovely. Its Hubby's birthday today so another cake later!

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...