Thursday, March 11, 2021

 Happy 56th Birthday M


Today is Hubby's birthday and our third family birthday in 6 days! Even though there is a big difference in ages it is still quite stressful sorting everyone's presents and cards. Again we  waited until K got in from school before presents and cards were opened.  He had a bottle of port, bottles of lager, curry kits, spicy sauces (bit of a theme here) and a new fleece.  The girls are eating on their own tonight and then we are getting an Indian take away. We are great lovers of a curry but usually make our own - its hard to believe it but this will be our first Indian takeaway! We shall then have a glass of wine or two and finish watching Ben Fogle in Chernobyl which we started the other night.



This is the birthday cake Hubby chose!

I'm still ploughing through all my library books.  I've just finished 'A Winters Dream' which I enjoyed and have read other books by the same author. Now I've just started 'Bad Blood' by Mark Sennen.  I've read the first book in this series - a good crime read but I need to concentrate to keep up with all the characters!  


 


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your husband and daughter!
    It sounds like he's had some very useful presents. Your first ever Indian takeaway? I've not had a takeaway since 2019 but I've had more than a few in my time! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy we've not had a take away before but I think pre children we would go to an Indian restaurant and post children we just made our own. Anyway it was lovely but there was loads of it so enough for us to have again on Saturday night.

      Delete
  2. That Sophie Clare book is lovely, I read it in the winter, Emma.

    ReplyDelete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...