Friday, March 12, 2021

  Friday

Well today has been drier than the last couple of days so after walking L to school I went around the village doing various errands.  First of all there is a woman who has a table of books for sale outside her house, for a donation for a local charity, so I left two bags of books in her porch.  We have a new free food larder box in the village for people to donate unwanted food which other people might use.  I had a bag of rice flour that I bought recently but no longer needed so I put that in the box.  I then collected a prescription from the chemist and then called at the shop for some sour dough pitta breads.  These are made by our local Hotel and the girls like to use them as pizza bases so that will be their lunch tomorrow.  I was also hoping to get some daffodils as they've had some lovely ones this last week or so but they had sold out.

D had to be dropped at school for 11 so as I had an urge for a decent coffee we called into our local Morrisons garage on the way back and got a couple of cappucino from their Costa machine.  We drove a short way to a viewing point layby  and sat and drank our coffee looking out over the estuary.  It was lovely.






Well tomorrow I have my covid vaccination.  I had a phone call yesterday morning, which took me by surprise, as I am in group 9 so thought it would be next month before it would be my turn.

Have a good weekend.











3 comments:

  1. Is your village Bishopsteignton> Emma? That looks to be the view from the viewing point which isn't far from Morrisons.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is Margaret, well spotted. We were originally going to walk along Teignmouth seafront after dropping D at school but we had a builder coming to give us a quote for some work so time was short.

      Delete
  2. The food larder sounds like a good idea! I've noticed when I've been walking around our town when it's been too wet or windy to walk across fields and footpaths that a lot of people now put their unwanted stuff outside for other to take. I have done this for several years now but it seems to be a growing trend; I hope it continues after lockdown ends as one woman's rubbish is another woman's treasure!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...