Saturday, March 13, 2021

 Saturday

First of all, just for Vix, here are some pictures of our elderly cat Suzie.  She is coming up to 20 years old and is just starting to look her age.  We have had her from a kitten together with her brother Tigger who passed away 8 years ago.  Their Mother was a wild cat, that some friends of ours took in, but both Tigger and Suzie have always been nice natured.  Suzie sleeps a lot these days and doesn't venture further than our back garden.  She is very loved and fussed over by the girls and it will be a very sad day when she is no longer with us.




The big thing today was that this afternoon I had my first Covid vaccination.  I had to go to Dawlish Hospital which is about 6 miles away.  I was more worried about finding where I was going etc than the actual vaccination but it was all very well organised and over and done with quickly.  I am group 9 so thought it would be at least  April time before I heard anything but suddenly had a phone call from my surgery Thursday morning giving me my appointment.  Hopefully, I won't suffer any side effects.  I am someone who shies away from anything medical, never visit the Doctors or take any medicines, but we love to travel so I had to be brave!

The girls are all busy with their own activities so I'm going to sneak off and read a bit more of my book.

10 comments:

  1. I love Suzy, she looks like Polly, our beloved naughty tortie we lost four years ago. You must be brilliant cat parents to have had her for so long. Thank you so much for sharing youe beautiful girl, Jon says to tell you that he loves her, too.
    I'm delighted that you've had your vaccine, hopefully we're not far behind you.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bottom picture of her was last summer when she spent ages sat on the lawn with the girls and they made her daisy chains! We are lucky to have had her so long x

      Delete
  2. Oh, how exciting! I received my first vaccine last Sunday. I'm feeling hopeful that we are on the way to normality again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news on receiving your first vaccine. I have no idea when I'll be getting mine yet.
    Suzie is gorgeous. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to be really racing through the vaccinations down here, which is good.

      Delete
  4. Hello Emma
    Firstly well done on getting your first vaccine jab and secondly thank you for popping over and commenting on my blog. It’s lovely to meet you.
    You’re making a nice record of your life as a Devon Mum.
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Lynn. It's easy to feel that your life is dull with all the restrictions we have at the moment but actually it's interesting reading what other people are up to, what we're reading and eating etc.

      Delete
  5. So glad you have had your first jab, Emma. We hope that our booster won't be too far away now.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous old lady of a cat! Congratulations on getting your vaccine. Doesn't it give you confidence?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...