Sunday, May 23, 2021

 This last week has flown by with so much going on.

I had to be up and out early for my second vaccination on Saturday morning as my appointment was 8.12. It was all very well organised as before and I was in and out in about 5 minutes.  I was more prepared and took paracetamol before I went and again at lunchtime but luckily I had no side effects at all this time.

D and four friends went to the Pizza Cafe in our local town for lunch to celebrate her birthday last Wednesday. Hubby picked them up at 5 and then they came back here where, as luckily it had dried up and there was a bit of sun, they sat out in the garden chatting, taking endless photos and drinking cocktails. Meanwhile as it had brightened up in the afternoon I took S, K and L over to Teignmouth where we had a walk along the seafront and the girls had an ice cream from our favourite place Cherrry On The Top

Today, yet again, I woke to the sound of rain - it really has been relentless. In the morning I caught up with ironing and some chores and this afternoon everyone decided they wanted some fresh air regardless of the weather. We only managed a short walk as it was so wet and windy - needless to say there were very few other people about. The cruise ships are still in the bay and I imagine they will be  for some months to come.











Well I need to sort lunch boxes and make sure everyone has bags packed for school and then I am going to carry on reading my latest book.

4 comments:

  1. The weather here is also cold and rainy, I hope it gets warmer this week and we can go for sunny walks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were fine after your second jab!
    My feet seem to be permanently damp at the moment, I'll be developing trench foot if this rain continues! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supposedly the weathers brightening up from tomorrow, fingers crossed. I just really need some sunshine after the last few damp weeks.

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...