Sunday, June 27, 2021

 Friday morning was Daughter D's late start so out for breakfast we went. We decided to try somewhere different, a Cafe that is independent, and has been in Newton Abbot for about 25 years, called The Country Table. D had a lovely cooked breakfast and milkshake and I had a toasted teacake and a cappuccino.  It's lovely to spend time with each Daughter, on their own, for some time each week just to make sure all is well with them.  Afterwards we had a look in a couple of charity shops and D managed to get a bag for school for £3 so she was happy.



Saturday morning, as it was sunny and I knew the forecast for today was dire, we walked up to our bigger park and got coffee and ice creams from our mobile coffee van. K and L went off and played and I sat in the sunshine and caught up with a friend who was also there. I then came home and spent an hour with Hubby tidying up the garden. This Friday evening Daughter S is having some friends over for bubbles and nibbles as a belated celebration for her 21st back in March so the pressure is on for us to get everything looking ship shape!. Lunchtime my Sister and Brother in Law called in for lunch.  They have rented a holiday cottage near Totnes for this coming week. After lunch, as they couldn't get into the cottage till 5, we took the beach bag over to Teignmouth and me and my Sister sat on the beach while K and L went swimming and Hubby and Brother in Law took their dog for a walk. We had a very pleasant couple of hours catching up and finished off with ice creams. 


Today the weather has been truly awful. It has rained all day, very heavily this afternoon, so the girls have caught up with schoolwork, made some cakes and I have read a bit more of my Cormoran Strike book which I am enjoying and am about a third of the way through. Hubby has been painting our hall stairs and landing which is a big job. He's been really busy with work so the diy has unfortunately had to take a bit of a back seat the last couple of months but with the stamp duty holiday ending  hopefully it will all calm down a bit and he can get some more of the house finished. We will have been here three years in September and although I knew it was a complete top to bottom job I did not envisage it taking this long. Needless to say we will not be buying another doer upper!.

I grew some nasturtiums from seed but when we went to Cornwall on holiday they got a little frazzled. I still planted them out in my border and this week I have been rewarded with one flower! This rose must have come  with the house but I don't remember ever seeing it before. I am sure I would remember such a vibrant colour and it smells amazing. The rose I planted in memory of my Mum, back in March, is doing really well and currently has thirty buds on it so hopefully soon it will be a mass of colour.

Well I'm going to go and put my pj's on and read some more of my book.





8 comments:

  1. We have had non stop rain here in Hampshire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been awful hasn't it. Woke up this morning and I could hear it beating down. Now it has stopped so hopefully it will remain dry for the rest of the day.

      Delete
  2. We've had a dry weekend - this morning is soggy, grey and damp!
    Well done on your first nasturtium, they thrive on neglect, that's why I love them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had an unbelievable amount of rain and it only stopped about an hour ago. Hopefully I will get some more nasturtium flowers over the next few weeks then.

      Delete
  3. Going out for breakfast is a new thing for me and after the one last week with my sister snd a friend I think I could get used to it haha.
    Roll on the school holidays for you and a chance to slow down
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big breakfast person hence the toasted teacake but D loves the works!

      Delete
  4. Awful weather here too, rainy,grey, cold... only two sunny days in two weeks. At least it is a joy to see everything is green and thriving :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazingly after heavy rain all day yesterday and waking up to hear it still pouring down it is now dry and sunny!.

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...