Sunday, November 14, 2021

 
 Well, to start with some photos of food - recipes from Margaret's blog, Devon Dreaming, who lives a few miles from me. The chicken curry, Husband and I had last night, and was really tasty. Tonight there were seven of us for a roast dinner - gammon for the meat eaters and nut cutlets for the non meat eaters and for pudding we had Margaret's toffee apple cake which was absolutely delicious and will definitely be made again. Sorry, we had all tucked in before I remembered to take a photo!


This week Husband has been very busy decorating our living room. This started with pulling out a very ugly grey brick fire surround with matching side plinths which created a lot of dust, and he is now creating something prettier! He will then paint the room and fit new light fittings before a new carpet is laid, together with new carpet for our hall, stairs and landing on the 8th December. I cannot wait till it is all finished and everything is back in its place. He has also been busy doing some work on my car as it is booked in for an MOT this coming week and there were a few things that needed doing in order for it to, hopefully, pass. It is a 13 year old car and has done 96k miles but I love it and it is so reliable so I have had to put my foot down with Husband who didn't want to do all the work and wanted me to change it for something newer. However, the price of second hand cars, like a lot of things, have shot up in price and I am not prepared to waste silly money for something not much better.

Today we have been up to Exeter for a few hours, with the girls, getting some items that were on their Christmas lists that I couldn't get locally, mostly some jewelry items from Pandora. I don't enjoy shopping and only go up to the city probably once a year so had to brace myself but we had a successful trip and got everything we needed.

I am now going to put my feet up and watch the second part of Dalgleish that we started last night. I cannot believe that another week has flown by.

4 comments:

  1. Fingers firmly crossed for your car. I have an older car as well, but it suits me just fine at the moment, especially on the narrow lanes :)
    This month is flying by. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, i hope it passes. The garage couldn't fit it in till next Wednesday so a bit of a wait to find out!

      Delete
  2. Hope your car passed with flying colours! Our new-to-us 18 year old Citroen, Patrice, is a dream! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a bit of a wait to find out as the garage couldn't fit it in till next Wednesday. I figure that even if it costs a few hundred pounds for her to pass it's far cheaper than buying a new one. What a truly suitable name for your citroen!x

    ReplyDelete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...